News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Powerful new Facebook feature boosts Post targeting
Over the coming weeks Facebook will roll out a powerful new tool that marketers using the network have been craving for some time. It will enable Posts to be more accurately crafted and targeted at various subsets of Fans.
"Page Post Targeting Enhanced" was launched today and will gradually be rolled out to all Pages with more than 100 Fans. The new tool will allow marketers to further fine-tune their Posts in terms of offers or tone of voice, adding more relevance and, presumably, better response.
While there has been no official word as yet from Facebook, according to TechCrunch the full list of targeting options will be:
• Interested In
• Relationship Status
• College Grad: College Name, Major
• In College: College Name, Major, Years
• In High School
• Plus existing options - Language, and Location: Country, State, City
Mark Wurst of 360i believes the new feature is a "shot of adrenaline for content strategy".
"Of important note is that ALL content will still remain visible on the Page's Timeline, allowing for friends of engaged fans who are not within the targeting parameters to see viral stories," notes Wurst on the 360i blog. "That said, to avoid clutter admins can 'hide' targeted stories from the Timeline by clicking the pencil at the top right corner of the post."
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...