News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Powerful new Facebook feature boosts Post targeting
Over the coming weeks Facebook will roll out a powerful new tool that marketers using the network have been craving for some time. It will enable Posts to be more accurately crafted and targeted at various subsets of Fans.
"Page Post Targeting Enhanced" was launched today and will gradually be rolled out to all Pages with more than 100 Fans. The new tool will allow marketers to further fine-tune their Posts in terms of offers or tone of voice, adding more relevance and, presumably, better response.
While there has been no official word as yet from Facebook, according to TechCrunch the full list of targeting options will be:
• Interested In
• Relationship Status
• College Grad: College Name, Major
• In College: College Name, Major, Years
• In High School
• Plus existing options - Language, and Location: Country, State, City
Mark Wurst of 360i believes the new feature is a "shot of adrenaline for content strategy".
"Of important note is that ALL content will still remain visible on the Page's Timeline, allowing for friends of engaged fans who are not within the targeting parameters to see viral stories," notes Wurst on the 360i blog. "That said, to avoid clutter admins can 'hide' targeted stories from the Timeline by clicking the pencil at the top right corner of the post."
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...