News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Poll: Parents some of most engaged mobiles
When it comes to mobile devices, busier people may be the most engaged. According to a new poll from Harris Interactive and Placecast, parents are some of the most active mobile users. This is fitting since parents can be found running from school to sports practices to doctors, appointments, grocery stores and work on a daily basis. Mobile networks allow those consumers to check email, get coupons, shop and stay up to date.
"Any parent can confirm how having a child changes your behavior with technology and shopping," said Kathryn Koegel, Chief of Insights for Primary Impact Consulting, which worked with Placecast and Harris Interactive to develop the poll. "Parents in playgrounds are shopping for a variety of goods- and most significant for retailers, they are using their phones for retail activities in stores. They are the most likely demographic sector to have purchased an item on their phone in a store. This is an amazing opportunity and challenge for retailers to drive loyalty rather than send people to a competitor."
Some interesting takeaways from the report:
• Parents with children under age 6 are most interested in text alerts from retailers
• 27% have made a mobile purchase in the last year
• 17% of non-parents have done the same
• Parents were found three times as likely to make a mobile purchase because of a text message than non-parents
"As brand marketers grow more aware of 'Parent Power' on mobile, they can tailor programs to meet their interests and needs," said Placecast CEO Alistair Goodman. "In terms of m-commerce, parents are showing that they are early adopters. Brands that know how to connect with tech-savvy parents are going to see greater ROI in this back-to-school season."
More than half of parents surveyed reported they owned a smartphone compared to about one-third of non-parents. While 'out' parents are using mobile GPS to find retailers, receiving text alerts about products or sales from retailers and redeeming daily deals/coupons from retailers.
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More money to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...