News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Platform sends email updates based on socnets
With an estimated three-quarters of online adults (US) active on social networks it makes sense for brands to utilize the social sphere for marketing efforts. A new offering from Pontiflex hinges email and social together. Called Social FollowUp, the tool allows small businesses to send automated emails based on Facebook and Twitter updates.
The tool is free for Pontiflex's AdLeads clients to use. AdLeads clients can run mobile sign-ups over their mobile apps and, using Social FollowUp can stay engaged with consumers by sending targeted emails which are triggered by the business's social posts.
For example, if a local business has a one-day sale, once that sale put into the tweet or Facebook stream of the business, an email will be triggered for list members. Emails are built in real time using relevant images, social network posts and information.
"We've been hearing a lot of talk about the convergence of email and social," said Zephrin Lasker, CEO and co-founder, Pontiflex. "But it's mostly been just that -- talk. We are happy to launch a tool that truly helps local businesses repurpose their social content to make email really work for them."
"The fact that the emails are completely automated is huge," said David Liatti, owner of 61 Local, an early adopter of the social tool. "As a small business, we don't have the time to design and manage a complicated email program. Social FollowUp helps us take our Facebook and Twitter updates even further without having to do anything extra."
Small and local businesses can select specific products, images or information from their social feeds using hashtags and can choose specific hashtags to choose when email messages should be triggered. Emails can be promotional, include daily deal or sale information or hold other information useful to email lists.
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...