News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jumptap: 3rd party data boots mobile campaigns
For those of you in the mobile space, adding third party data to campaigns to assist with targeting can be an asset. That according to the latest Jumptap MobileSTAT report. Jumptap data finds that data from third party sources can increase click throughs and overall campaign ROI.
That lift can be as much as two times the results, in the case of click throughs.
"Since Jumptap introduced third party data partnerships into mobile just over a year ago, more and more of our current and new advertisers have leveraged the offerings to drive engagement. Campaigns with third party data targeting see higher click-through rates (CTR) and ROI regardless of advertising category," said Paran Johar, Chief Marketing Officer, Jumptap.
Specific to the Jumptap network, automotive and CPG advertisers are spending the most mobile ad dollars through Q2 2012.
As for how consumers are engaging, Android and Apple hold a 92% share of the mobile market; Apple is the definite leader where tablets are concerned, thought. The various iPad devices hold a 59% share of the Jumptap tablet marketplace with the Kindle Fire holding steady at a 25% share and the Samsung Galaxy Tab holding a 10% share. Within the Apple-sphere, though, it seems the different devices are holding on to different demographics.
Jumptap drilled down to find Apple's iPod Touch users are more likely to be female (60%) and under age 24 (53%) while iPhone consumers are more likely to be male (54%) and over age 24 (59%). While different demos are engaging with these products, the things they're doing in the mobile space are similar. Both iPod Touch and iPhone users are likely to connect to social networks via mobile, to visit Entertainment and News hubs and to play games.
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
- How to build loyalty through games
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...