News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
InMobi: Mobile number one media consumption channel in U.S.
Media consumption and purchasing are moving to mobile, according to new research from mobile ad network InMobi.
In their Q2 2012 research, InMobi found that almost 6 out of 10 mobile users are now using their device for ecommerce transactions. That's a healthy rise from just 38% six months before.
Consumers are rapidly becoming comfortable using their mobile devices to make purchases and consume media, says Anne Frisbie of InMobi.
"Think back to the late '90s - it took forever to get the majority of consumers comfortable buying on the Internet," said Frisbie. "In six months we saw more than a 40% change."
Mobile users in the U.S. now spend an average of 144 minutes each day using their devices. That's three minutes more than they are spending watching television. Even when watching television almost three-quarters (70%) continue to use their mobile device.
Mobile has also become the number one channel in terms of impacting users' purchase decisions - more than television with 59% and 57% respectively - way ahead of other channels such as online, radio and newspapers.
"We expect the trend of ever increasing media consumption on mobile devices to continue, and even accelerate as advances in mobile rich media deepens user engagement by offering a better overall user experience," said Frisbie.
"Marketers are taking notice and are increasingly investing in mobile to target consumers where they are spending most of their time consuming media."
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...