News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How shoppers are using daily deals
Daily deals may not be attracting as much headline attention as a few years ago, but they are still capturing the attention of shoppers - and those shoppers aren't keeping the deals to themselves, it turns out. New data from Constant Contact and Chadwick Martin Bailey indicates shoppers are sharing deals and buying from unknown-to-them stores thanks to the deals.
Some interesting takeaways from Constant Contact and Chadwick Martin include:
• Women are more likely to socially share deals with a personal endorsement
• Over 33% will try a new-to-them business because of a daily deal
• 60% aren't loyal customers, even with deals and even is the experience is a good one
• Shoppers are more likely to share deals via email than social networks
• Restaurant, entertainment deals are most likely to be shared
"Two of the more important findings in this research were that word-of-mouth is key for the success of a deal and that personal endorsements drive deal purchases. This falls right in line with what we heard from merchants when we were developing SaveLocal: they wanted a tool that brought in new customers through word-of-mouth," said Dave Gilbertson, general manager, SaveLocal.
"More than 50% of consumers said that they are willing to share a deal if it's a great deal, regardless of whether they are current customers of the business - reinforcing how important it is for merchants to create compelling offers and then incentivize consumers to share them," said Kristen Garvey, vice president of marketing, Chadwick Martin Bailey. "Our research also confirmed that email is still king when it comes to sharing deals. More than twice as many consumers share deals via email (55%) than on any social network. Additionally, we found that deals from restaurants and the entertainment industry are the most commonly shared deals."
The research shows it is important for shoppers to opt-in - so include easy opt-in and opt-out forms for shoppers. Researchers studied more than 1,400 consumers over age 18 to reach their conclusions.
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
Featured White Papers
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...