News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How active social media fans impact brands
Over the past week we've written about how fans are engaging with Olympic athletes and the games in general through social media. New data out from Wildfire may help brands quantify just how the interest of these social media fans - even fans of brands, not athletes - can impact business.
According to Wildfire active social media fans - those who share and advocate for their favorite brands - generate about 14 earn media impressions, each. That means for each active social media fan, 14 additional consumers may learn about a campaign, brand or product. Brand advocates, in particular, are becoming more important for brands. The Wildfire metrics indicate Brand Advocates bring in 1.3 new people to the brand.
The underlying theme of the report is that brands need to do more to get engaged fans to social media campaigns so that those campaigns will be shared - again and again.
"This data clearly shows that brands need to be focused on nurturing their most active fans, particularly their brand advocates," said Victoria Ransom, Wildfire CEO and Founder. "Brands should give users a variety of ways to engage with them - and several options for what to do when they get there - to increase time spent on the page as well as return activity."
In other words, Ransom suggests, brands need to ask for what they want. If Brand A wants to increase the number of 'likes' on a bran page - ask visitors to like the page. If, on the other hand, Brand A wants to increase the number of video views, ask visitors to watch the clip.
Wildfire will host a webinar on the subject Wednesday, August 8 beginning at 1pm ET.
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...