News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How active social media fans impact brands
Over the past week we've written about how fans are engaging with Olympic athletes and the games in general through social media. New data out from Wildfire may help brands quantify just how the interest of these social media fans - even fans of brands, not athletes - can impact business.
According to Wildfire active social media fans - those who share and advocate for their favorite brands - generate about 14 earn media impressions, each. That means for each active social media fan, 14 additional consumers may learn about a campaign, brand or product. Brand advocates, in particular, are becoming more important for brands. The Wildfire metrics indicate Brand Advocates bring in 1.3 new people to the brand.
The underlying theme of the report is that brands need to do more to get engaged fans to social media campaigns so that those campaigns will be shared - again and again.
"This data clearly shows that brands need to be focused on nurturing their most active fans, particularly their brand advocates," said Victoria Ransom, Wildfire CEO and Founder. "Brands should give users a variety of ways to engage with them - and several options for what to do when they get there - to increase time spent on the page as well as return activity."
In other words, Ransom suggests, brands need to ask for what they want. If Brand A wants to increase the number of 'likes' on a bran page - ask visitors to like the page. If, on the other hand, Brand A wants to increase the number of video views, ask visitors to watch the clip.
Wildfire will host a webinar on the subject Wednesday, August 8 beginning at 1pm ET.
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...