News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
BlueKai, Korrelate data shows how online data predictive of offline purchases
Over the past year a new trend has emerged - that of using online data to predict offline purchases. A new report out from BlueKai and Korrelate underscores just how important this type of data can be.
Much has been made of the online/offline connection over the past few years. Retailers and brands want to know how impactful online data can be for offline purchases. In some cases brands simply want to know what online data means for them. A new partnership between BlueKai and Korrelate shines a light on how online data can be used to impact offline sales.
BlueKai integrated their Data Activation System with Korrelate's O2O platform to delve more deeply into consumer data measurement. Through that integration Korrelate 'validated' BlueKai online shoppers to find signals which translated into offline purchase interest. This particular study concentrated on the automotive segment. After studying these consumer groups for four months, the data showed consumers in the BlueKai segments were 30 times more likely to purchase than the average consumer.
"It's great to finally quantify the usefulness of the BlueKai data to our clients," said Daniel Jaye, CEO, Korrelate. "By using BlueKai's DAS we were able to easily tie their existing auto segments into our O2O platform in a privacy safe way. Our partnership with BlueKai will allow our mutual clients to be more effective in their media buying and begin to move away from just using clicks and actions for attribution."
The report shows 'Blue Kai auto intenders' were 30 times more likely to purchase a car than average consumers. This type of information can be used across advertising segments and categories.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...