News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ad spending up, how one deal site is engaging
New data out from Nielsen indicates the global ad spend continues to increase, with advertisers spending just over 12% more (Q1 2012) than last year across the board. Ads for television, newspapers, online, outdoor and other segments all saw increased spending.
While spending was up in all advertising segments according to Nielsen, the online space saw some of the highest increases, growing 12% in Europe, nearly 32% in Latin America and 35% in the Middle East and Africa.
Meanwhile, in the world of daily deals, nFluence reports their dealBoard app is outperforming Groupon, one of the leaders in the deal space - important for retailers hoping to drive traffic from the Web into their stores. According to their data dealBoard is used about twice as often as rival apps like Groupon - even though they don't push notifications, email or SMS messages to customers.
Those using dealBoard are also offering their options to the company, giving brands more insight into their wants - which can help in the creation of future deals. nFluence reports the average user offers about 12 new pieces of data each day by voting for favorite deals and other polls.
This type of information is crucial for retailers trying to engage a shopper for a purchase because the more information they have the more likely they are to engage a shopper for a second, third or tenth time.
As for which brands are already engaging best with shoppers, the latest from General Sentiment indicates Starbucks continues to perk customers' interest. The coffee chain was ranked top quick service restaurant for the Q2 MediaMatch report, following by McDonald's, Taco Bell and Burger King. However, the top movers on the list were Wendy's, Chick-fil-A and Krispy Kreme.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...