News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
9 of 10 school shoppers will buy online
Crowds at the local malls may not be as heavy over the next six or so weeks as usual. In the US, August means back to school shopping, crowded malls and an inability to find red and black pens because they are being horded in households across the States. According to new data from TechBargains, though, the crowds may be missing from malls and shopping centers this August.
That, because according to research most shoppers will be shopping online for back to school gear - from clothing to paper and pens and even tech gear. New data from TechBargains suggests 9 in 10 back to school shoppers will be checking out online this year. The data also suggests these shoppers will be breaking out the coupon codes and deal offers, so retailers be ready.
"In our study parents and students told us they are forced to spend more money on basic supplies and technology this year to keep up with school demands," said Yung Trang, president and editor-in-chief of TechBargains.com. "In order to keep cash in their wallets and save valuable time, consumers are turning to online shopping with coupon codes for extra savings."
As for how much more shoppers will spend, TechBargains suggests:
• 3 in 4 shoppers will spend under $500 per
• 23% expect to spend between $100-$199 on back to school items in 2012
• 18% will spend less than $100
Data from the National Retail Federation (NRF) is slightly more optimistic than the TechBargains survey. Their forecast predicts:
• Average family will spend $688 on back to school items
• Online shoppers will spend $874 on average; online shoppers are expected to increase by at least one-third this year
• 6 in 10 will shop chain department stores, 15% will shop via catalog
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...