News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
80% of mothers in UK shop online every month
Eighty percent of mothers in the UK shop online for themselves and their children once or twice every month, reveals a new survey by flash sale website Casabu in association with Mumsnet, and almost half shop via smartphone.
Busy mothers are embracing technology to help them in their day to day lives. As well as using online communities for support and advice, they use the Internet and mobile to find the best deals, particularly during times when household budgets are challenged by the economy.
Flash sale website Casabu surveyed 1,000 mothers in the UK and found that 80% shop online every month, with 16% doing so once a week or more. They're putting a wide range of technology to good use - 94% shop online from a home desktop computer or laptop, 44% use a smartphone, 31% use a tablet computer and 26% shop from their work computer.
The vast majority use computer and mobile technology to ensure they're getting the best value for money. The survey found that 86% like to "feel they are getting a bargain" and 52% always compare prices when shopping online.
A quarter of mums surveyed (26%) said they had spent between $150 (£100) and $300 (£200) on items such as clothes, toys and books for their children during the past month, while a further 32% had spent between $78 (£50) and $150 (£99).
Recent research from Starcom MediaVest Group found that mothers find technology both helpful and distracting. Almost three-quarters (71%) found use of technology to be a way of spending time with the family while just over half (52%) said it was a distraction during family time.
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...