News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
1 in 4 to shop tablets for back to school
As lines in department and discount stores lengthen we may see more than paper, pens and lunch boxes in carts. A new report from TechBargains indicates more shoppers will be looking for tech gear this year for back to school. Just over one-third of back to school shoppers say they'll spend more on tech gear and accessories in 2012 than in 2011.
Source: 2012 Back To School Tech Gadgets Survey by TechBargains.com,
your best source for deals and coupon codes.
"Surveyed consumers tell us they anticipate [spending] more money on electronics and computers this year because tech gadgets have become increasingly critical to the learning process," said Yung Trang, president and editor-in-chief of TechBargains.
As for which devices are hot on consumers' lists, Apple's iPad ranks as the most sought after tablet (37% plan to buy), followed by the Google Nexus (22%) and Kindle Fire (14%). But PCs still out-rank Macs as the most sought after computers at a rate of 75% to 25%.
According to comScore, Q2 saw online spending increase 15% to reach more than $43 billion. The National Retail Federation suggests back to school spending (K-12 and college) will surpass $83 billion.
"It's evident that there are plenty 'last minute shoppers' this year and for retailers these next two weeks are of utmost importance when it comes to attracting families who still have apparel, electronics and school supplies to stock up on," said NRF President and CEO Matthew Shay. "Given how much of an impact the economy is having on consumers' buying decisions, retailers will remain competitive up through the final sale after Labor Day, rolling out web, in-store and even mobile promotions to entice children and their parents."
The NRF reports back to school shoppers still have about half of their lists to complete.
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...