News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Yahoo to bring Olympics across screens this summer
Even for brands not in London for the 2012 Olympic Games, there is a chance to use the games to engage interested viewers. There will be live streamed events, clips from local and national news entities and other opportunities. Yahoo is once more leading the digital pack, giving viewers - and brands - access to many events.
According to Yahoo data, based on the Vancouver Olympic Games in 2010, 32 million unique viewers turned to Yahoo for Olympic coverage; 38.5 logged on to Yahoo sites for the 2008 Beijing Games.
Through the Yahoo Olympics portal, viewers will have access to the Olympic Games in London from PC, smartphones and tablets - in addition to the coverage throughout the day. From video clips to pictures and analysis, their hub will be filled with viewers through the Games.
Brands like Citi, Visa, Transamerica and Procter & Gamble have already signed on to sponsor many of the online events.
"Yahoo! has been the No. 1 online destination for Olympics coverage since 2006, proving to be the place for users to gather and follow the biggest events," said Ken Fuchs, VP of Global Media for Yahoo! & Head of Yahoo! Sports, Men's and Games. "London 2012 will be a showcase for 24/7 reporting, across all screens, and Yahoo! is investing to deliver powerful experiences for our users and advertisers. Our unique storytelling combined with innovative new products will help establish new memorable moments as they happen for 700 million fans around the world."
While much of the content on Yahoo is already sponsored, smaller and local sites will be looking for sponsorships and ad dollars throughout the event - so there is still time to take advertising advantage of the 2012 Olympic Games.
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
- Reports show what worked and didn't over Thanksgiving
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...