News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Videology nails pre-roll ad exposure 'sweet spot'
Can you over-expose an ad to online video viewers? Yes, according to new research from digital video ad platform and solutions provider Videology.
By analyzing purchase intent among consumers exposed to a specific CPG brand's pre-roll video advertising over the course of 30 days, Videology was able to ascertain the "sweet spot" for video advertising exposure.
Their results found that consumers exposed to the CPG brand's pre-roll ad 6-8 times increased the likelihood of conversion by about 110%. The likelihood to convert after less exposure (2-5 times) was just 30%. The likelihood decreases with more than 8 exposures, perhaps due to boredom due to over-exposure, but remains high at 80%.
While the "sweet spot" may differ between brands, categories, demographics, and so on, the main takeout is that this type of campaign analysis is useful for future campaign planning.
"Consumer behavior is not always logical, but it can be predictable," said Aleck Schleider, Videology's vice president of data and analytics. "We don't have to understand why repeated exposure to a message works, but we do need to build models that account for these measurable thresholds, so that we are better equipped to help advertisers plan campaigns in the video space that maximize their desired results."
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...