News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Unmetric offers social benchmarking tool for YouTubers
Wonder how your video stacks up against competitors? A new metric from Unmetric may help. The company is launching a social benchmarketing tool, for brands to use within YouTube, which will tell them not only how their campaign is faring but how it stacks up against competitor campaigns.
"YouTube is a unique marketing tool for brands to directly connect with new audiences," said Lux Narayan, CEO of Unmetric. "Companies like Old Spice, Red Bull and Nike have huge viewership on their YouTube brand channels. With the addition of YouTube to the Unmetric platform, we are empowering CMOs and social media managers to consider metrics beyond page views. By looking at video length and content tags over a period of time, we're encouraging the sort of competitive spirit that big brands thrive on."
Through the platform brands can:
• Compare the length of video clips/campaigns
• Analyze video content through a word cloud tag feature
• View the top 5 videos during a specific time for a specific category/sector
• Receive weekly reports about campaign performance
The Unmetric platform takes 24 qualitative and quantitative metrics into account, scoring them to give the brand a unique look at video performance.
"For example, did you know that in the last month Chevrolet has prolifically uploaded video content?" writes the company. "The company has added over three hours of content from 66 videos. In comparison, Ford's YouTube channel uploaded a mere six minutes of content from four videos. Yet this is more than Dodge or Chrysler, who barely managed four minutes of video between them. Surprisingly, out of these four automotive giants, Ford ramped up its subscriber base the quickest with 11percent growth."
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...