News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Unmetric offers social benchmarking tool for YouTubers
Wonder how your video stacks up against competitors? A new metric from Unmetric may help. The company is launching a social benchmarketing tool, for brands to use within YouTube, which will tell them not only how their campaign is faring but how it stacks up against competitor campaigns.
"YouTube is a unique marketing tool for brands to directly connect with new audiences," said Lux Narayan, CEO of Unmetric. "Companies like Old Spice, Red Bull and Nike have huge viewership on their YouTube brand channels. With the addition of YouTube to the Unmetric platform, we are empowering CMOs and social media managers to consider metrics beyond page views. By looking at video length and content tags over a period of time, we're encouraging the sort of competitive spirit that big brands thrive on."
Through the platform brands can:
• Compare the length of video clips/campaigns
• Analyze video content through a word cloud tag feature
• View the top 5 videos during a specific time for a specific category/sector
• Receive weekly reports about campaign performance
The Unmetric platform takes 24 qualitative and quantitative metrics into account, scoring them to give the brand a unique look at video performance.
"For example, did you know that in the last month Chevrolet has prolifically uploaded video content?" writes the company. "The company has added over three hours of content from 66 videos. In comparison, Ford's YouTube channel uploaded a mere six minutes of content from four videos. Yet this is more than Dodge or Chrysler, who barely managed four minutes of video between them. Surprisingly, out of these four automotive giants, Ford ramped up its subscriber base the quickest with 11percent growth."
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
- Retailers: Why you need live online assistance for the 2014 holidays
- Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
- Facebook enables ad targeting by connection speed
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...