News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Too much exposure? Poll finds many 'over' Facebook, Apple
Even in a content-crazy world it seems there is a point of over-saturation. According to a new poll from SodaHead many Americans are tiring of the buzz around Facebook and new Apple products - to the point many are logging off and/or ignoring new launches.
According to new data out from SodaHead a majority of Americans are cutting back the time they spend on social network Facebook. Many are also 'over' the new product launches rumored to be coming from Apple - even though they don't know exactly what is around the corner for the tech giant.
Here's a breakdown of what the SodaHead poll found:
• 52% report they'll spend less time on Facebook in the coming year
• 36% say they'll spend the same amount of time on the social network
• 37% say they 'don't check Facebook at all' at this point
• 73% believe a different social network will surpass Facebook
In terms of how much these people use social networks, more (61%) say they use 'a few' different social networks and 23% say they only use one socnet. In May comScore reported 4 of every 5 minutes spend on mobile was in the app space, and that the apps most used included Facebook (80% reach). Topping the most-used apps list were Apple iTunes (99% reach) and Google Maps (91% reach); Facebook ranked third.
As for Apple fatigue the report found:
• 28% said they were 'interested' in the rumored release of the iPad Mini
• 72% said they were 'over' the upcoming Apple releases
• 74% say they're 'over' the upcoming iPhone 5
As for how the mobile space breaks down, comScore reports 110 million US consumers now own smartphones with just over 50% using the Google platform and 31.9% using Apple's platform (May 2012).
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...