News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Traditional beats digital for trustworthiness
Digital content and social networks may be the rage, when it comes to trust, consumers are weighing in to say they trust traditional media more than they trust digital media. According to new data from Triton Digital, digital media may be fun to read, but when consumers want trusted info, they turn to traditional sources first.
"While digital media continues to explode in popularity and affect traditional media usage, the underlying trust of media consumers toward digital compared to traditional media are not yet equal," said Triton VP of Business Strategy, Jim Kerr. "Similarly, traditional media advertising continues to prove effective and more likely to influence purchase decisions than digital ads."
According to Triton Digital's Media Influence Insights:
• 45% of those surveyed trust TV media most
• Newspapers are trusted by 20% of respondents
• Radio is trusted by 18% of respondents
As for how this shakes out in the ad space, it seems consumers are speaking with their wallets - and buying after seeing ads in the traditional space. Of those surveyed most (64%) say they've made a purchase after seeing an ad on television, in a newspaper or hearing an ad on radio. One caveat, though, consumers are researching products and brands via the web on their own. What they find there, the research indicates, they'll trust more than other mediums.
• 61% of those surveyed say they 'trust their own research' more
• 28% say they trust TV commercials
• 21% trust radio ads and 16% trust newspapers
• 17% report they 'trust' recommendation engines
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...