News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Older Americans looking to tech to stay connected
They may not be quite as vocal about their use of technology, but older Americans are embracing technology finds a new report from Perion. Their data finds that upwards of 80% of American Baby Boomers are moving to tablets - as long as the technology is better than what they already had available.
According to the Perion report:
• 84% of Boomers 'adopt new tech' if it fits their lifestyle
• 79% say technology is 'fun'
• Still, 88% consider themselves 'slow to adopt' new technology
"Tablets are easy to use and functional, so Boomers, who are traditionally later adopters of technology, are amongst the early users," said Adam Goodvach, Director of Customer Insights, Perion. "Understanding the psychological drivers of these 120 million potential consumer technology users will be key to ensuring uptake for technology companies. If it is pitched the right way, new products and services will be enthusiastically embraced. Keep it fun, simple and supportive of existing lifestyles, and boomers will give it a go."
The announcements of both Microsoft's and Google's entry into the tablet space is an indicator that tablets are going to be around - for consumers and for marketers - for a long time. Last week Google announced their Nexus 7 device - featuring a 7" screen and Android 4.1 OS.
Meanwhile, new data from Monetate indicates that tablets are infringing - a bit - on traffic, but that PCs are still the lead way people surf. Their data includes:
• 88% of website visits are PC based, a decline of nearly 5%
• Tablet traffic has increased 348% YoY
• PC-based surfers view as average of 12.05 pages per session
• Tablet surfers view 11.07 pages per session
• 45% of those visiting websites from Facebook 'bounce' - they visit that page and then exit the site
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...