News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Most employers look to socnets for new recruits
Check those social networking posts, people, especially if you're in the job market. For the fifth year Jobvite has surveyed hiring managers and are reporting that many are looking to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to get information about potential employees and their interests.
If you're looking for a job - and many are - the in place to get recruited isn't a typical job board or even the classifieds in your newspaper - it's the social space. New data out from Jobvite indicates that most (92%) of hiring managers are finding potential new employees through social networks, up from 78% in 2008.
Of those looking to the social space about 66% are using Facebook and 54% are scouring Twitter but 93% are looking through LinkedIn profiles.
"The rise in social recruiting has allowed both candidates and employers an easier way to find the best match," said Dan Finnigan, president and CEO of Jobvite. "We continue to see social recruiting gain popularity because it is more efficient than the days of sifting through a haystack of resumes. It also increases quality referral hires, which our own data on Jobvite proves are hired faster and last longer."
What are these recruiters looking for? Professional organization memberships, volunteer efforts and even nonprofit donations. But they're also looking for the not-professional - 78% don't like to see posts about illegal drug use, 67% frown on sexualized content and just over 60% don't want to see profanity. Even mis-spellings and grammatical errors can get a frown from potential employers, though.
- Is your branded content memorable?
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
- Study: Finance, saving important to Millenials
- Survey: More consumers want to be paperless
- Survey IDS when customers will share personal data
- Bing: Voice searches for hotels up 343% YoY
- Top 5 tips to take business paperless
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...