News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Most employers look to socnets for new recruits
Check those social networking posts, people, especially if you're in the job market. For the fifth year Jobvite has surveyed hiring managers and are reporting that many are looking to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to get information about potential employees and their interests.
If you're looking for a job - and many are - the in place to get recruited isn't a typical job board or even the classifieds in your newspaper - it's the social space. New data out from Jobvite indicates that most (92%) of hiring managers are finding potential new employees through social networks, up from 78% in 2008.
Of those looking to the social space about 66% are using Facebook and 54% are scouring Twitter but 93% are looking through LinkedIn profiles.
"The rise in social recruiting has allowed both candidates and employers an easier way to find the best match," said Dan Finnigan, president and CEO of Jobvite. "We continue to see social recruiting gain popularity because it is more efficient than the days of sifting through a haystack of resumes. It also increases quality referral hires, which our own data on Jobvite proves are hired faster and last longer."
What are these recruiters looking for? Professional organization memberships, volunteer efforts and even nonprofit donations. But they're also looking for the not-professional - 78% don't like to see posts about illegal drug use, 67% frown on sexualized content and just over 60% don't want to see profanity. Even mis-spellings and grammatical errors can get a frown from potential employers, though.
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
- Drama, inane ramblings and parents turn teens off Facebook
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...