News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SumAll reveals online shopping habits during summer slump
New York-based data analytics company SumAll has uncovered some hot summer shopping insights. Their findings may help online retailers keep their cool during the seasonal shopping slump.
The summer months bring with them a slump in online sales. Consumers spend more time with their families, outdoors, on vacation or otherwise distracted from their computers and mobile devices.
But, consumers aren't completely avoiding online retail therapy and the information SumAll has gleaned from analyzing data from over 3,000 of their merchants sheds light on their altered habits.
SumAll reports that July is the month when shoppers are least active online. It is the slowest month for online sales, when gross sales fall 30% from the high of December. Meanwhile, August sees average order sizes at their lowest of the year.
When looking at online shopper behavior by day of the week, Monday was found to be the day when big ticket items were most likely to be purchased, perhaps a way to fend off the Monday blues. Friday is when cheaper purchases are made, Wednesday sees the highest revenues generated and unit sales are 52% higher on Friday than Saturday.
The changes in consumer behavior during the summer months were observed across all business types and not limited to seasonal businesses.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...