News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: 87% US Households subscribe to video service
When it comes to consuming video content most US households are using subscription services to get a bit more variety. According to new data from Leichtman Research Group 87% of US households subscribe to some type of video service, up from 80% in 2004. Of those who do use subscription services are earning more than those who do not subscribe.
Here's how the numbers break down:
• 94% of those with a household income of $75,000 or higher subscribe to a multi-channel video service
• 88% of those with household incomes between $30,000 and $75,000 use multi-channel subscriptions
• 73% of those with household incomes under $30,000 subscribe to multi-channel video services
"The penetration of US households subscribing to a multi-channel video service has leveled off at about 87% nationwide over the past three years," said Bruce Leichtman, president and principal analyst for Leichtman Research Group, Inc. "The defining characteristic of those who do not subscribe to a multi-channel video service remains the level of household income. In addition, those facing economic challenges are most likely to switch provider, or reduce spending on services."
Researchers also found that 39% of those impacted by the struggling economy - because of job loss, layoffs or other factors - have reduced their spending on Television, Internet and Phone over the past year. On average video subscribers are spending $78.73 on services per month, up 7% over spending in 2011.
On the brighter side, only 42% report economic changes have negatively impacted their spending; in the 2011 survey 50% said they'd reduced spending or made other changes because of the economy.
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
- Reports show what worked and didn't over Thanksgiving
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...