News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: .CO domains holding value
After two years it seems the .CO domains are holding value for businesses. New data from Sedo finds the value of sales across the .CO domains is just over $1.5 million and are the 9th more frequently sold Top Level Domain (TLD) at Sedo (2011).
"The numbers say it all," said Juan Diego Calle, the CEO of .CO Internet. "Sedos report confirms that in just two short years, the .CO domain has become a major force to be reckoned with on the global domain market. It's exciting to imagine how these numbers will grow in the next five to ten years as the .CO TLD becomes even more widely adopted, developed, monetized and marketed by end users worldwide."
"Sedo is in a unique position to monitor how any new TLD performs on the secondary market, and this performance is often a good indicator of its future success. With .co's second anniversary and the pending approval of hundreds of new extensions, this was the perfect time to examine .co's performance, and to offer our insights for new gTLD applicants. We look forward to partnering with many new gTLD applicants to help them build successful new extensions that can compete with the historic heavyweights like .com," said Liesbeth Mack-de Boer, Sedo Chief Sales Officer.
Among the top findings in the report:
• 1.3 million domain names in 200 countries have been registered with .co
• .co ranks second (behind .com) for average sales prices; the average sale price is $1,800 USD
• e.co holds the top sales number at $81,000 USD
Meanwhile, comScore has released the top 50 web properties (US) for June 2012; the top gaining websites included Zynga (103% increase), Mozilla Organization (56% increase) and FullSail.edu (34% increase). Sprint Nextel and BuzzFeed rounded out the top five. As for top trafficked websites, the top five sites include search engines Google, Yahoo and Microsoft as well as Facebookook and AOL. All of the top 5 sites remain .com domains.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...