News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: .CO domains holding value
After two years it seems the .CO domains are holding value for businesses. New data from Sedo finds the value of sales across the .CO domains is just over $1.5 million and are the 9th more frequently sold Top Level Domain (TLD) at Sedo (2011).
"The numbers say it all," said Juan Diego Calle, the CEO of .CO Internet. "Sedos report confirms that in just two short years, the .CO domain has become a major force to be reckoned with on the global domain market. It's exciting to imagine how these numbers will grow in the next five to ten years as the .CO TLD becomes even more widely adopted, developed, monetized and marketed by end users worldwide."
"Sedo is in a unique position to monitor how any new TLD performs on the secondary market, and this performance is often a good indicator of its future success. With .co's second anniversary and the pending approval of hundreds of new extensions, this was the perfect time to examine .co's performance, and to offer our insights for new gTLD applicants. We look forward to partnering with many new gTLD applicants to help them build successful new extensions that can compete with the historic heavyweights like .com," said Liesbeth Mack-de Boer, Sedo Chief Sales Officer.
Among the top findings in the report:
• 1.3 million domain names in 200 countries have been registered with .co
• .co ranks second (behind .com) for average sales prices; the average sale price is $1,800 USD
• e.co holds the top sales number at $81,000 USD
Meanwhile, comScore has released the top 50 web properties (US) for June 2012; the top gaining websites included Zynga (103% increase), Mozilla Organization (56% increase) and FullSail.edu (34% increase). Sprint Nextel and BuzzFeed rounded out the top five. As for top trafficked websites, the top five sites include search engines Google, Yahoo and Microsoft as well as Facebookook and AOL. All of the top 5 sites remain .com domains.
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...