News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: 45% of actions within web apps trigger email
Transactional emails are getting a boost from web-based applications. That according to a new report from SendGrid. Web apps, researchers report, are triggering more than 600,000 transactional, triggered or app-generated emails each month.
"The survey findings ... confirm what we already know: transactional email attracts new customers and keeps existing customers, plain and simple," said Jim Franklin, CEO, SendGrid. "Web applications that are not taking advantage of transactional email response rates, or that are investing in more regulated forms of email marketing, are likely missing a huge opportunity for driving faster customer growth."
Some interesting findings include:
• 81% of web applications support email signups/registrations
• 77% support password recovery
• 50% support purchase, order or shipping information
Nearly 40% of businesses surveyed are targeting a consumer audience with this type of message; 26% are targeting business audiences. However, more than three-quarters (77%) say email is 'the most important channel' for contacting or communicating with their target market.
Transactional emails are CAN-SPAM approved and while most have been order/shipping confirmations, with the advent of social networks and ecommerce apps transactional emails have grown to more than confirmations. These emails can now be triggered by sign-ups, password requests or friend/follower requests.
In 2012 SendGrid reports sending 20 billion emails for businesses, 90,000 emails per minute and have added new clients like Tumblr, Pinterest and HP Cloud, sending transactional emails to the users within their networks.
New data from Epsilon finds email open rates increased nearly 6% between Q4 2011 and Q1 2012. Triggered messages (Q1 2012) accounted for just over 2% of the total email volume; open rates for triggered messages were 75% higher than typical messages.
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...