News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Opt-in Twitter feature allows brands to restrict age of (honest) Followers
Some brands that cater to exclusively adults need to ensure their audience is of the right age, no matter where they are targeting them. Help is at hand for brands using Twitter thanks to an age screening tool released by social media analytics firm Buddy Media in partnership with the micro-blogging platform.
Alcohol brands, breweries and mature content of all types online needs barriers put in place to ensure innocent eyes aren't looking. Many age-restricted websites already have processes in place to ascertain the age of their users.
Buddy Media and Twitter have come together to create a new opt-in feature that enables brands with adult content to prevent under-age Twitter users from following their account.
It works by sending out a Direct Message to users when they try to Follow a brand that requires age verification. It simply asks the user to confirm their date of birth. It's like a blind bartender asking to see your I.D., you can hand over anyone's I.D. and they'd be none the wiser.
In fact, apart from the brands themselves being able to say they've played ball and asked for age verification, the process is fairly useless as the process relies entirely on the user entering their correct date of birth, there are no checks done to verify this.
Brands wishing to use the age screening feature can sign up to get approval here.
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...