News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Motorola Solutions: Better in-store experience makes for better sales
This should come as no surprise to most retailers but experience makes the sale, for many consumers. In-store experience, online experience. The simpler it is for a shopper to find a product and make a purchase the more likely they are to return to that store and tell friends about that store. Still, new data from Motorola Solutions finds the in-store experience needs to be better for many retailers.
According to a recent Motorola Solutions survey many retailers are pushing into the mobile space to improve the customer experience in-store. The data indicates over the next five year retail will change like this:
• 42% of retailers believe sales will come from online, mobile and social commerce
• 51% believe customer service will be more important than ever and plan to beef up this area
• 2 in 5 retailers believe 'inability to find a product' causes customer dissatisfaction
• 18% plan to offer mobile/portable points of sale in the next 5 years
• 37% do not have wireless 'currently available' in store
• 39% already offer mobile purchasing with ship-to-home options
• 59% expect to offer mobile purchasing/shipping options by 2017
One potential major issue remains the inability to customize a shopping experience. Of those surveyed most (75%) said they 'do not know' when a specific customer is in a store and 85% report an inability to provide a customized experience. In addition 89% say they 'are unable to connect' shoppers online activities with current in-store actions.
Motorola conducted a blind, online survey to come to their results.
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...