News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More men than women make purchases as a result of visiting Pinterest
Previous surveys and research have revealed that women rule the Pinterest roost. Despite this, a new survey from Compete reveals that it's men who do most of the shopping on the image-sharing social network.
However, women aren't the ones making purchases. Compete's recent survey reveals that more men than women are making a purchase as a result of seeing something they like on Pinterest. Thirty-seven percent of men made a purchase compared to just 17% of women.
According to recent iProspect figures, there are 19 million affluent males out there with their wallets at the ready and they love to shop online. These guys make at least $100,000 a year and 40% shop online twice a week. They spend 20% - 30% more per transaction than women.
They aren't shy with their spending - of the 40% that shop multiple times per week some are spending as much as $30,000 annually. Ladies, before you rush out to rein in one of these high-spending males, you should know that 84% of these guys are spending their money on themselves rather than gifting.
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
- Consumers expect shopping experience to be revolutionized by wearable tech
- Highest online parcel volume recorded in October 2015
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
- 3 IT trends to watch in 2016
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...