News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More men than women make purchases as a result of visiting Pinterest
Previous surveys and research have revealed that women rule the Pinterest roost. Despite this, a new survey from Compete reveals that it's men who do most of the shopping on the image-sharing social network.
However, women aren't the ones making purchases. Compete's recent survey reveals that more men than women are making a purchase as a result of seeing something they like on Pinterest. Thirty-seven percent of men made a purchase compared to just 17% of women.
According to recent iProspect figures, there are 19 million affluent males out there with their wallets at the ready and they love to shop online. These guys make at least $100,000 a year and 40% shop online twice a week. They spend 20% - 30% more per transaction than women.
They aren't shy with their spending - of the 40% that shop multiple times per week some are spending as much as $30,000 annually. Ladies, before you rush out to rein in one of these high-spending males, you should know that 84% of these guys are spending their money on themselves rather than gifting.
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...