News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More men than women make purchases as a result of visiting Pinterest
Previous surveys and research have revealed that women rule the Pinterest roost. Despite this, a new survey from Compete reveals that it's men who do most of the shopping on the image-sharing social network.
However, women aren't the ones making purchases. Compete's recent survey reveals that more men than women are making a purchase as a result of seeing something they like on Pinterest. Thirty-seven percent of men made a purchase compared to just 17% of women.
According to recent iProspect figures, there are 19 million affluent males out there with their wallets at the ready and they love to shop online. These guys make at least $100,000 a year and 40% shop online twice a week. They spend 20% - 30% more per transaction than women.
They aren't shy with their spending - of the 40% that shop multiple times per week some are spending as much as $30,000 annually. Ladies, before you rush out to rein in one of these high-spending males, you should know that 84% of these guys are spending their money on themselves rather than gifting.
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...