News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More men than women make purchases as a result of visiting Pinterest
Previous surveys and research have revealed that women rule the Pinterest roost. Despite this, a new survey from Compete reveals that it's men who do most of the shopping on the image-sharing social network.
However, women aren't the ones making purchases. Compete's recent survey reveals that more men than women are making a purchase as a result of seeing something they like on Pinterest. Thirty-seven percent of men made a purchase compared to just 17% of women.
According to recent iProspect figures, there are 19 million affluent males out there with their wallets at the ready and they love to shop online. These guys make at least $100,000 a year and 40% shop online twice a week. They spend 20% - 30% more per transaction than women.
They aren't shy with their spending - of the 40% that shop multiple times per week some are spending as much as $30,000 annually. Ladies, before you rush out to rein in one of these high-spending males, you should know that 84% of these guys are spending their money on themselves rather than gifting.
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...