News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More men than women make purchases as a result of visiting Pinterest
Previous surveys and research have revealed that women rule the Pinterest roost. Despite this, a new survey from Compete reveals that it's men who do most of the shopping on the image-sharing social network.
However, women aren't the ones making purchases. Compete's recent survey reveals that more men than women are making a purchase as a result of seeing something they like on Pinterest. Thirty-seven percent of men made a purchase compared to just 17% of women.
According to recent iProspect figures, there are 19 million affluent males out there with their wallets at the ready and they love to shop online. These guys make at least $100,000 a year and 40% shop online twice a week. They spend 20% - 30% more per transaction than women.
They aren't shy with their spending - of the 40% that shop multiple times per week some are spending as much as $30,000 annually. Ladies, before you rush out to rein in one of these high-spending males, you should know that 84% of these guys are spending their money on themselves rather than gifting.
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
- Ecomm Roundup: Faster checkouts and better personalization
- Top 3 tips to use data better this holiday season
- Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
- British consumers will give up more personal data for discounts, free delivery
- How dark social can impact brand
- Webrooming parents heading to physical stores for back-to-school purchases
- 43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...