News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile web preferred to apps for on-the-go Olympics viewing
It is imperative that brands wishing to reach viewers of the 2012 Olympic Games consider those viewers' use of mobile devices because, says new research commissioned by mobile marketing firm Velti, this year will see much Olympic content viewed on smartphones and tablets.
Over a third of U.S. tablet owners will use their device to keep track of Olympic coverage, found Velti's study, conducted by Harris Interactive, as will just over a quarter (27%) of smartphone users.
Across both devices, the majority will use a mobile Web browser to consume content such as video clips, live streaming coverage or social media feeds.
77% mobile Web browser
63% Olympic-specific or other app
80% mobile Web browser
58% Olympic-specific or other app
"For brands that want to reach Olympic viewers, this is an important finding as it highlights the ability to look beyond TV and focus on secondary devices such as smartphones and tablets," said Velti CMO Krishna Subramanian.
Data recently released by TechBargains reveals that social media will play a big part in the 2012 Olympics with over three-quarters planning to interact with other Fans via Facebook and 31% planning to use Twitter. Over half (57%) will use their laptops to engage in social media.
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...