News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile web preferred to apps for on-the-go Olympics viewing
It is imperative that brands wishing to reach viewers of the 2012 Olympic Games consider those viewers' use of mobile devices because, says new research commissioned by mobile marketing firm Velti, this year will see much Olympic content viewed on smartphones and tablets.
Over a third of U.S. tablet owners will use their device to keep track of Olympic coverage, found Velti's study, conducted by Harris Interactive, as will just over a quarter (27%) of smartphone users.
Across both devices, the majority will use a mobile Web browser to consume content such as video clips, live streaming coverage or social media feeds.
77% mobile Web browser
63% Olympic-specific or other app
80% mobile Web browser
58% Olympic-specific or other app
"For brands that want to reach Olympic viewers, this is an important finding as it highlights the ability to look beyond TV and focus on secondary devices such as smartphones and tablets," said Velti CMO Krishna Subramanian.
Data recently released by TechBargains reveals that social media will play a big part in the 2012 Olympics with over three-quarters planning to interact with other Fans via Facebook and 31% planning to use Twitter. Over half (57%) will use their laptops to engage in social media.
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...