News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile clicks up, but clicks aren't always converting, finds expert
A new report out from Jumptap puts a magnifying glass to the mobile space and is coming back with good news for advertisers: mobile continues to leap forward. According to the latest Jumptap Mobile STAT report, Android alone is signing on 900,000 new devices each day. Put in a bit more context, Android is selling at the same rate as PC sales - for all brands - every day.
Many of those new additions are jumping right in to the mobile space - browsing the web, engaging with ads, downloading apps. According to recent data from Marin Software about 18% of paid search clicks are now coming from mobile devices - smartphones and tablets, specifically. (Q2 2012)
Paran Johar, CMO, Jumptap said, "While CTR is a widely used metric in both online and mobile advertising, it is at best a narrow predictor success. The most insightful advertisers consider all factors, including click-to conversion rates and brand metrics such as purchase intent, message recall, and brand performance, depending on their marketing objectives. Understanding an advertiser's goals upfront and helping them achieve them is why we have such a high renewal rate on the Jumptap network."
However while the Jumptap data is strong, it also reminds that clicks don't always mean conversions. The mobile network recently studied data from 10 gaming advertisers. They found ads with low CTRs which had high conversion rates and those with high CTRs which had low conversion rates. In one case CTRs were 177% above the average but the conversion rate was 44% below average.
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
- Drama, inane ramblings and parents turn teens off Facebook
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...