News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile clicks up, but clicks aren't always converting, finds expert
A new report out from Jumptap puts a magnifying glass to the mobile space and is coming back with good news for advertisers: mobile continues to leap forward. According to the latest Jumptap Mobile STAT report, Android alone is signing on 900,000 new devices each day. Put in a bit more context, Android is selling at the same rate as PC sales - for all brands - every day.
Many of those new additions are jumping right in to the mobile space - browsing the web, engaging with ads, downloading apps. According to recent data from Marin Software about 18% of paid search clicks are now coming from mobile devices - smartphones and tablets, specifically. (Q2 2012)
Paran Johar, CMO, Jumptap said, "While CTR is a widely used metric in both online and mobile advertising, it is at best a narrow predictor success. The most insightful advertisers consider all factors, including click-to conversion rates and brand metrics such as purchase intent, message recall, and brand performance, depending on their marketing objectives. Understanding an advertiser's goals upfront and helping them achieve them is why we have such a high renewal rate on the Jumptap network."
However while the Jumptap data is strong, it also reminds that clicks don't always mean conversions. The mobile network recently studied data from 10 gaming advertisers. They found ads with low CTRs which had high conversion rates and those with high CTRs which had low conversion rates. In one case CTRs were 177% above the average but the conversion rate was 44% below average.
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...