News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile boosts promotional emails on Independence Day
The number of emails sent by retailers on the 4th July rose significantly this year, due in part to the adoption of mobile devices, reports Responsys.
Over half of retailers (57%) sent at least one promotional email on July 4th this year, according to Responsys' latest Retail Email Index which tracks over 100 top retailers.
Last year that figure was 34%.
Retailers usually avoid sending out promotional emails on Independence Day itself but this year was different due, says Chad White of Responsys, to the increase in the number of people wielding mobile devices.
"The adoption of smartphones is behind this increase, just like we've seen Thanksgiving Day become a major email marketing day," wrote White on the Responsys blog.
In fact, July 4th saw the highest number of emails sent during that week, with Friday being the second-highest with 56% sending out emails. Over 80% of emails sent by retailers in the week referenced July 4th, more than the 77% that did so last year.
According to Responsys, "The top online retailers sent each of their subscribers 3.6 promotional emails on average during the week ending July 6, 2012. That's down 3% week-over-week, down 3% from where it was four weeks ago, and up 20% year-over-year."
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...