News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile boosts promotional emails on Independence Day
The number of emails sent by retailers on the 4th July rose significantly this year, due in part to the adoption of mobile devices, reports Responsys.
Over half of retailers (57%) sent at least one promotional email on July 4th this year, according to Responsys' latest Retail Email Index which tracks over 100 top retailers.
Last year that figure was 34%.
Retailers usually avoid sending out promotional emails on Independence Day itself but this year was different due, says Chad White of Responsys, to the increase in the number of people wielding mobile devices.
"The adoption of smartphones is behind this increase, just like we've seen Thanksgiving Day become a major email marketing day," wrote White on the Responsys blog.
In fact, July 4th saw the highest number of emails sent during that week, with Friday being the second-highest with 56% sending out emails. Over 80% of emails sent by retailers in the week referenced July 4th, more than the 77% that did so last year.
According to Responsys, "The top online retailers sent each of their subscribers 3.6 promotional emails on average during the week ending July 6, 2012. That's down 3% week-over-week, down 3% from where it was four weeks ago, and up 20% year-over-year."
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...