News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile and sponsored stories push up Facebook ad rates
Mobile advertising on Facebook has significantly affected the cost per million impressions for ads on the network, according to a Q2 2012 Global Facebook Advertising Report released this week by TBG Digital.
In the year since Q2 2011, the cost per million (CPM) of Facebook ads increased 58%, says TBG Digital, which means demand remains healthy. Between Q1 and Q2 of this year CPM rose by 25%.
Mobile ads and sponsored stories have both seen an increase in use on the social network. In fact, according to the CEO of TBG Digital, Simon Mansell, sponsored stories are performing better now than when they were first launched. Furthermore, Facebook now receives $9.86 for every 1,000 mobile ad clicks, 13x more than is received for desktop ads.
According to TBG Digital's report, "CPM rates are a good indication of Facebook's earnings per marketplace ad served. The increases are definitely great news for Facebook, as they signify that its inventory continues to work better for it."
"All eyes are on Facebook at the moment and a key part of its progress is the performance of its sponsored stories and mobile ads, which in particular are showing great potential for all parties," said Mansell.
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...