News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile and sponsored stories push up Facebook ad rates
Mobile advertising on Facebook has significantly affected the cost per million impressions for ads on the network, according to a Q2 2012 Global Facebook Advertising Report released this week by TBG Digital.
In the year since Q2 2011, the cost per million (CPM) of Facebook ads increased 58%, says TBG Digital, which means demand remains healthy. Between Q1 and Q2 of this year CPM rose by 25%.
Mobile ads and sponsored stories have both seen an increase in use on the social network. In fact, according to the CEO of TBG Digital, Simon Mansell, sponsored stories are performing better now than when they were first launched. Furthermore, Facebook now receives $9.86 for every 1,000 mobile ad clicks, 13x more than is received for desktop ads.
According to TBG Digital's report, "CPM rates are a good indication of Facebook's earnings per marketplace ad served. The increases are definitely great news for Facebook, as they signify that its inventory continues to work better for it."
"All eyes are on Facebook at the moment and a key part of its progress is the performance of its sponsored stories and mobile ads, which in particular are showing great potential for all parties," said Mansell.
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...