News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Millennial Media: Travel vertical up 200% YoY
The travel vertical is speeding through the mobile space. That according to new data from Millennial Media; the company has released a special SMART report focusing on the travel category, which ranks third for the mobile space behind Telecom and Finance.
"Travel was the number three vertical on the Top 10 Global Brand Advertising Vertical ranking," writes the company. "While present among the top verticals throughout 2011, travel advertisers were particularly active in Q1 as they targeted mobile users with post-holiday getaway ideas and travel deals."
According to the data from Millennial Media:
• Travel advertisers spent 200% more YoY on the mobile category
• 62% use mobile to sustain an in-market presence
• 57% of travel campaigns, run with Millennial Media, were from Book Agents/Travel sites
• 18% from hotel/resort or cruise lines
As for how travel marketers are engaging their users, 59% are using app downloads as a campaign action, 22% ask for subscriptions and 20% point users to mobile social media profiles. It isn't just vacationers who are targeted with mobile travel ads. Millennial Media reports advertisers were three times more likely to target business travelers as vacation travelers.
Increased spending is great, you say, but what about the return on investment? That is quite high, too. Data out from eMarketer shows 85% of vacationers are staying in touch via email throughout vacation times, 67% are using GPS/Maps via mobile device while traveling and 62% are searching for local restaurants/attractions while on vacation. These 'mobile travelers' are also staying in touch via social media - sharing pictures and updating statuses - via mobile and are using mobile to stay up on entertainment - reading, streaming video, etc.
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...