News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marin maps growth in paid search clicks from mobile devices
The growth in paid mobile search clicks, while not surprising, is "incredible", according to Marin Software on the release of its quarterly U.S. Online Advertising Quarterly Report.
The digital advertising firm's latest figures reveal that 18% of paid search clicks in Q2 2012 came from mobile devices.
Gagan Kanwar, director of partnerships and research at Marin Software, says this is an "incredible" increase from the 5% of paid search clicks reported in January, 2011.
In Q1 2012, paid search clicks from mobile devices stood at 14%.
Smartphones accounted for slightly more paid search clicks than tablets. Of the 18% of all paid search clicks from mobile devices, 10% came from smartphones and the remaining 8% from tablets.
Kanwar believes that, by the end of 2012, mobile devices will account for 25% of all paid search clicks, with tablets taking the lead from smartphones.
"I think mobile search will continue to grow," Kanwar says, speculating that mobile devices will represent 25% of all paid search clicks by the end of the year, with tablets eventually taking the lead over smartphones.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...