News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Manta: 50% SMB owners won't vacation this summer
While CEOs, Presidents and Managers in most US businesses are making final plans for a summer vacation, small business owners aren't. According to a new Manta survey about half of SMB owners won't take a summer vacation in 2012. Why? Because there is more to do.
About 60% of survey respondents report they're working more in 2012 than they did in 2011, a sign of economic recovery. Those are vacationing this year, saying they're still reporting in via mobile device to ensure the company remains on-track.
"The current economic conditions are putting a strain on all businesses, particularly SMBs, that often times need to do more with less," said Pamela Springer, CEO of Manta. "Manta is committed to helping small business owners thrive, especially in difficult times, by giving them the resources they need to connect with customers and prospects, and grow their business in creative and cost effective ways. For example, with Manta's Mobile app, users can access information on 24 million businesses and can easily add contact information to their mobile device so they can reach out to anyone in Manta's vast community, even when they are on the go."
Mobile is the method more SMBs are choosing to stay in contact while away from the office. Manta's research shows:
• 7 in 10 will 'check in' via mobile from vacation
• 60% say mobile allows them to 'enjoy the vacation more'
• 7 in 10 check in via mobile even while in the office, at the computer
• 57% of SMB owners say they continue to contact customers via phone or in person
• 53% check in with vendors/partners via phone or in person
- What to expect on the video front in 2014
- How to create a solid A/B testing strategy
- Reports: Brands need strategy for mobile success
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
Featured White Papers
- How-to Guide to Online Customer Community Technologies
This Gleansight benchmark report explores what community experiences offer the greatest value to businesses. It looks at what technologies, processes...
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...