News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Manta: 50% SMB owners won't vacation this summer
While CEOs, Presidents and Managers in most US businesses are making final plans for a summer vacation, small business owners aren't. According to a new Manta survey about half of SMB owners won't take a summer vacation in 2012. Why? Because there is more to do.
About 60% of survey respondents report they're working more in 2012 than they did in 2011, a sign of economic recovery. Those are vacationing this year, saying they're still reporting in via mobile device to ensure the company remains on-track.
"The current economic conditions are putting a strain on all businesses, particularly SMBs, that often times need to do more with less," said Pamela Springer, CEO of Manta. "Manta is committed to helping small business owners thrive, especially in difficult times, by giving them the resources they need to connect with customers and prospects, and grow their business in creative and cost effective ways. For example, with Manta's Mobile app, users can access information on 24 million businesses and can easily add contact information to their mobile device so they can reach out to anyone in Manta's vast community, even when they are on the go."
Mobile is the method more SMBs are choosing to stay in contact while away from the office. Manta's research shows:
• 7 in 10 will 'check in' via mobile from vacation
• 60% say mobile allows them to 'enjoy the vacation more'
• 7 in 10 check in via mobile even while in the office, at the computer
• 57% of SMB owners say they continue to contact customers via phone or in person
• 53% check in with vendors/partners via phone or in person
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...