News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Juniper: In-app ad spend to triple by 2017
By 2015, in-app advertising spend across mobile devices will be triple that of 2012, according to new data released by Juniper Research.
A combination of greater mobile app usage and growth in the use of rich media ads will boost in-app advertising spend, says Juniper in their new report, "Mobile Advertising: Messaging, In-App and Mobile Internet Strategies".
The report finds that in-app advertising spend across all mobile devices will reach $7.1 billion by 2015 - up from $2.4 billion in 2012.
According to Juniper, "This growth, from one of the key mobile advertising segments, will help to triple spend on mobile advertising by 2017".
These figures reveal just how crucial mobile advertising is along with the need for marketers to ensure their marketing communications and materials are optimized for mobile.
"While some brands have been willing to experiment with mobile advertising, there are many more that have yet to even develop a suitable mobile website," says Juniper in a recent press release. "These brands risk missing a key opportunity to reach consumers; critical when you consider that mobile has higher response rates than those seen elsewhere."
Research from Strategy Analytics in April this year revealed that, across the USA and major Western European markets as a whole, revenue from display ads on the mobile Web ($934.5 million) has already been overtaken by in-app advertising ($1.7 billion).
"Advertisers chase eyeballs so the fact that brands spend more on in-app advertising than the mobile web is a clear sign that apps are what consumers are glued to for an increasing range of activities. In the eyes of many advertisers, web browsing on the smartphone is playing second fiddle to the app economy," said David MacQueen, Strategy Analytics' Director of Wireless Media Strategies.
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...