News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jobless numbers up for younger Americans
It may be summer but that isn't the slowing the search for new and better jobs. Both younger and older demographics are looking for something more - some for a first job, some for a better placement. Where and how are they hoping to connect?
According to new data from Generation Opportunity nearly 13% of younger Americans (age 18-29) are out of work while another 1.7 million are not working and also not considered 'unemployed' because they've given up the job search.
"For young Americans, through no fault of their own, their story is one of few opportunities, delayed dreams, and stalled careers. Today's unemployment numbers tell the story of millions of young Americans who are paying the price for the failed policies coming out of Washington that have inhibited economic opportunity and job creation," said Paul T. Conway, President, Generation Opportunity. "Despite the challenges they face, this generation is not asking what their country can do for them. Instead, they stand ready to do more for their country, to continue their service beyond the contributions they have already made as brave defenders of freedom across the globe, as selfless rebuilders of disaster-torn communities here at home, and as confident advocates for greater opportunity for all Americans."
Overall the US unemployment rate (April 2012) was down to 8%, but that doesn't mean everyone is staying put in their current jobs. A new infographic out from Bizo shows Consultants, IT pros and Sales people are most likely to be looking for greener pastures while legal professionals, doctors and HR professionals are most likely to be staying put.
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...