News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jobless numbers up for younger Americans
It may be summer but that isn't the slowing the search for new and better jobs. Both younger and older demographics are looking for something more - some for a first job, some for a better placement. Where and how are they hoping to connect?
According to new data from Generation Opportunity nearly 13% of younger Americans (age 18-29) are out of work while another 1.7 million are not working and also not considered 'unemployed' because they've given up the job search.
"For young Americans, through no fault of their own, their story is one of few opportunities, delayed dreams, and stalled careers. Today's unemployment numbers tell the story of millions of young Americans who are paying the price for the failed policies coming out of Washington that have inhibited economic opportunity and job creation," said Paul T. Conway, President, Generation Opportunity. "Despite the challenges they face, this generation is not asking what their country can do for them. Instead, they stand ready to do more for their country, to continue their service beyond the contributions they have already made as brave defenders of freedom across the globe, as selfless rebuilders of disaster-torn communities here at home, and as confident advocates for greater opportunity for all Americans."
Overall the US unemployment rate (April 2012) was down to 8%, but that doesn't mean everyone is staying put in their current jobs. A new infographic out from Bizo shows Consultants, IT pros and Sales people are most likely to be looking for greener pastures while legal professionals, doctors and HR professionals are most likely to be staying put.
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...