News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jivox release allows for video ads in live streaming
Living streaming is one of the areas of video advertising that has been the most challenging for businesses. Sponsorship of live streaming events is great, but about in-stream ads? A new offering from Jivox allows video ads to be inserted within live streaming events - which could open a new avenue during high profile events like the Olympics.
HTTP live streaming is getting an upgrade from interactive video tech hub Jivox. Through their new solution ads can be inserted directly into live streaming events viewed through mobile and apps using HLS video.
"Viewers are increasingly accessing broadcast content from multiple devices and this requires a seamless approach to advertising," said Diaz Nesamoney, CEO of Jivox. "With our platform advertisers are guaranteed that their interactive video ad can be seen by their targeted audience no matter what screen they are watching. This extends the reach and engagement of their TV ad buy."
HTTP live streaming allows on demand and live video streams to be delivered to mobile devices, across screens and to devices which don't support Flash video - like Apple's iOS devices.
Data from Nielsen notes 163 million Americans streamed 26 billion videos in May 2012. Meanwhile comScore reports video ads pushed past the 10 billion barrier for the first time in May; the top video ad properties included Hulu (725 ad minutes, 1.66 billion video ads), Google Sites (143 ad minutes, 1.38 billion ads) and BrightRoll (673 ad minutes, 1.130 billion ads). comScore reports total video numbers which are slightly higher than Nielsen's - 180 million video viewers who watched 36.6 billion video streams.
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...