News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jivox release allows for video ads in live streaming
Living streaming is one of the areas of video advertising that has been the most challenging for businesses. Sponsorship of live streaming events is great, but about in-stream ads? A new offering from Jivox allows video ads to be inserted within live streaming events - which could open a new avenue during high profile events like the Olympics.
HTTP live streaming is getting an upgrade from interactive video tech hub Jivox. Through their new solution ads can be inserted directly into live streaming events viewed through mobile and apps using HLS video.
"Viewers are increasingly accessing broadcast content from multiple devices and this requires a seamless approach to advertising," said Diaz Nesamoney, CEO of Jivox. "With our platform advertisers are guaranteed that their interactive video ad can be seen by their targeted audience no matter what screen they are watching. This extends the reach and engagement of their TV ad buy."
HTTP live streaming allows on demand and live video streams to be delivered to mobile devices, across screens and to devices which don't support Flash video - like Apple's iOS devices.
Data from Nielsen notes 163 million Americans streamed 26 billion videos in May 2012. Meanwhile comScore reports video ads pushed past the 10 billion barrier for the first time in May; the top video ad properties included Hulu (725 ad minutes, 1.66 billion video ads), Google Sites (143 ad minutes, 1.38 billion ads) and BrightRoll (673 ad minutes, 1.130 billion ads). comScore reports total video numbers which are slightly higher than Nielsen's - 180 million video viewers who watched 36.6 billion video streams.
- What to expect on the video front in 2014
- How to create a solid A/B testing strategy
- Reports: Brands need strategy for mobile success
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...