News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jivox release allows for video ads in live streaming
Living streaming is one of the areas of video advertising that has been the most challenging for businesses. Sponsorship of live streaming events is great, but about in-stream ads? A new offering from Jivox allows video ads to be inserted within live streaming events - which could open a new avenue during high profile events like the Olympics.
HTTP live streaming is getting an upgrade from interactive video tech hub Jivox. Through their new solution ads can be inserted directly into live streaming events viewed through mobile and apps using HLS video.
"Viewers are increasingly accessing broadcast content from multiple devices and this requires a seamless approach to advertising," said Diaz Nesamoney, CEO of Jivox. "With our platform advertisers are guaranteed that their interactive video ad can be seen by their targeted audience no matter what screen they are watching. This extends the reach and engagement of their TV ad buy."
HTTP live streaming allows on demand and live video streams to be delivered to mobile devices, across screens and to devices which don't support Flash video - like Apple's iOS devices.
Data from Nielsen notes 163 million Americans streamed 26 billion videos in May 2012. Meanwhile comScore reports video ads pushed past the 10 billion barrier for the first time in May; the top video ad properties included Hulu (725 ad minutes, 1.66 billion video ads), Google Sites (143 ad minutes, 1.38 billion ads) and BrightRoll (673 ad minutes, 1.130 billion ads). comScore reports total video numbers which are slightly higher than Nielsen's - 180 million video viewers who watched 36.6 billion video streams.
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
- Why the press release is (still) not dead
- Expert: Why B2Bers need social
- Is your branded content memorable?
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...