News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jivox release allows for video ads in live streaming
Living streaming is one of the areas of video advertising that has been the most challenging for businesses. Sponsorship of live streaming events is great, but about in-stream ads? A new offering from Jivox allows video ads to be inserted within live streaming events - which could open a new avenue during high profile events like the Olympics.
HTTP live streaming is getting an upgrade from interactive video tech hub Jivox. Through their new solution ads can be inserted directly into live streaming events viewed through mobile and apps using HLS video.
"Viewers are increasingly accessing broadcast content from multiple devices and this requires a seamless approach to advertising," said Diaz Nesamoney, CEO of Jivox. "With our platform advertisers are guaranteed that their interactive video ad can be seen by their targeted audience no matter what screen they are watching. This extends the reach and engagement of their TV ad buy."
HTTP live streaming allows on demand and live video streams to be delivered to mobile devices, across screens and to devices which don't support Flash video - like Apple's iOS devices.
Data from Nielsen notes 163 million Americans streamed 26 billion videos in May 2012. Meanwhile comScore reports video ads pushed past the 10 billion barrier for the first time in May; the top video ad properties included Hulu (725 ad minutes, 1.66 billion video ads), Google Sites (143 ad minutes, 1.38 billion ads) and BrightRoll (673 ad minutes, 1.130 billion ads). comScore reports total video numbers which are slightly higher than Nielsen's - 180 million video viewers who watched 36.6 billion video streams.
- Report outlines the impact on brands of email fraud
- Millennials losing faith in traditional banks, trust tech firms more
- Report finds 'last mile' issues continue to dismay consumers
- Consumer satisfaction with mobile commerce falling
- YouTube wants agencies to learn from their top creators
- Search marketing taking back seat as proving ROI challenging
- Study: Video big influencer for some voters
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships underscore importance of connection
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...