News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IAB: Music fans look to mobile to connect
When it comes to music, fans of performers aren't just connecting before concerts or when a new single is released. According to new data from the IAB and LiveNation, music fans are connecting to their favorite performers, via mobile, before and after live events and shows.
While they're connecting, they are also sharing information - tweeting about shows, sharing images and updating social profiles.
"The results of this study quantifies the explosive growth we're seeing both in mobile and social media activity at all of our live events," said Russell Wallach, president of Live Nation Network, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, Inc. "With well over half of live event attendees using their phones and sharing experiences via their mobile devices, there is tremendous opportunity for marketers to interact and engage with the billions of fan conversations happening before, during and after shows."
• 75% of fans take photos/capture video via mobile while at events
• 40% share event information via Facebook, 10% Tweet about events (music fans)
• 33% share event information via Facebook, 9% Tweet about events (sports fans)
• 42% of concert attendees use a smartphone once/hour at events
"LiveAnalytics is focused on helping our clients better understand the attitudes and behaviors of live entertainment fans across all genres of entertainment: concerts, sports, family and arts & theatre," said John Forese, senior vice president of data services, LiveAnalytics a Ticketmaster Company. "Mobile is fundamentally changing the way fans discover, purchase and engage with live events. - potentially add a data point from page about how many fans use mobile to search and or discover info about an event."
Of those using mobile devices at events more than one-quarter (27%) are searching for event details and 7% purchase event tickets via smartphone.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...