News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IAB: Music fans look to mobile to connect
When it comes to music, fans of performers aren't just connecting before concerts or when a new single is released. According to new data from the IAB and LiveNation, music fans are connecting to their favorite performers, via mobile, before and after live events and shows.
While they're connecting, they are also sharing information - tweeting about shows, sharing images and updating social profiles.
"The results of this study quantifies the explosive growth we're seeing both in mobile and social media activity at all of our live events," said Russell Wallach, president of Live Nation Network, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, Inc. "With well over half of live event attendees using their phones and sharing experiences via their mobile devices, there is tremendous opportunity for marketers to interact and engage with the billions of fan conversations happening before, during and after shows."
• 75% of fans take photos/capture video via mobile while at events
• 40% share event information via Facebook, 10% Tweet about events (music fans)
• 33% share event information via Facebook, 9% Tweet about events (sports fans)
• 42% of concert attendees use a smartphone once/hour at events
"LiveAnalytics is focused on helping our clients better understand the attitudes and behaviors of live entertainment fans across all genres of entertainment: concerts, sports, family and arts & theatre," said John Forese, senior vice president of data services, LiveAnalytics a Ticketmaster Company. "Mobile is fundamentally changing the way fans discover, purchase and engage with live events. - potentially add a data point from page about how many fans use mobile to search and or discover info about an event."
Of those using mobile devices at events more than one-quarter (27%) are searching for event details and 7% purchase event tickets via smartphone.
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...