News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to tweet - better
When it comes to social media most brands are looking for ways to be more effective - how to save time with posts, be more engaging and share the right information at the right time. A new report from Buddy Media measures how brands have interacted with social and shed light on how they can now better use Twitter.
"Twitter is an integral part of every brand's social marketing strategy, so we took a deep dive to see how they can increase engagement within their communities," said Tami Dalley, VP of Analytics and Insights at Buddy Media. "It's more important than ever to make sure your brandis taking advantage of best practices on Twitter. This report helps make that happen."
Tip One: Tweet shorter. Buddy Media's research, conducted between December 11, 2011 and February 23, 2012, found that tweets shorter than 100 characters had a 17% higher engagement rate than longer tweets.
Tip Two: Don't forget the links. Tweets including links - to a store page, blog post or other content - received 86% higher retweet rates than those without links.
Tip Three: Tweet at work. Researchers found that tweets sent between 8am and 7pm had engagement rates 30% higher than those sent after 8pm - so people are engaging with Twitter during working hours.
Tip Four: Hashtags are hot, when used in moderation. Buddy Media found hashtagged tweets were twice as engaging for users. However, tweets with an abundance of hashtags - three or more - were less engaging than those with only one or two hashtags. So, figure out which hashtags are right for your brand or product, by testing, and use them diligently.
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...