News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to tweet - better
When it comes to social media most brands are looking for ways to be more effective - how to save time with posts, be more engaging and share the right information at the right time. A new report from Buddy Media measures how brands have interacted with social and shed light on how they can now better use Twitter.
"Twitter is an integral part of every brand's social marketing strategy, so we took a deep dive to see how they can increase engagement within their communities," said Tami Dalley, VP of Analytics and Insights at Buddy Media. "It's more important than ever to make sure your brandis taking advantage of best practices on Twitter. This report helps make that happen."
Tip One: Tweet shorter. Buddy Media's research, conducted between December 11, 2011 and February 23, 2012, found that tweets shorter than 100 characters had a 17% higher engagement rate than longer tweets.
Tip Two: Don't forget the links. Tweets including links - to a store page, blog post or other content - received 86% higher retweet rates than those without links.
Tip Three: Tweet at work. Researchers found that tweets sent between 8am and 7pm had engagement rates 30% higher than those sent after 8pm - so people are engaging with Twitter during working hours.
Tip Four: Hashtags are hot, when used in moderation. Buddy Media found hashtagged tweets were twice as engaging for users. However, tweets with an abundance of hashtags - three or more - were less engaging than those with only one or two hashtags. So, figure out which hashtags are right for your brand or product, by testing, and use them diligently.
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More money to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...