News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Greystripe: Mobile shoppers more valuable than in-store
While in-store shoppers are easier to 'see', when it comes to the value of shoppers new data from Greystripe indicates those unseen mobile shoppers may be more valuable to brands than those who aren't interacting through mobile. These shoppers, finds the report, are more likely to become product evangelists and are less influenced by price.
That price sensitivity means mobile buyers may purchase a higher-price item even if a lower price tag is attached to a similar product.
"As the mobile channel has evolved and becomes more widely accessible and easier to use, shoppers who are making purchases via their devices are exhibiting behaviors that characterize them as more profitable, more influential and more likely to buy when given an interface that is easy to use," said Kurt Hawks, general manager at Greystripe. "Based on the results of this study, retailers and retail brands that are not already focusing heavily on the mobile channel would be wise to move in that direction."
Other interesting findings include:
• 49% of mobile shoppers regularly write product reviews compared to 31% of trad shoppers
• 37% of mobile shoppers visit a brand's website when seeking product information
• 54% are likely to mobile devices to get product details; 58% of trad shoppers compare prices via mobile
• Mobile shoppers are more likely to buy when the purchase process is simple
According to Greystripe 51% of mobile shoppers 'prefer buying' via app while 49% prefer making purchases through a website. App stores, by the way, make it simple for mobile consumers to find new games, movies or music; just over half (52%) of mobile respondents say they've made an entertainment type purchase through a mobile device.
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More money to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...