News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Greystripe: Mobile shoppers more valuable than in-store
While in-store shoppers are easier to 'see', when it comes to the value of shoppers new data from Greystripe indicates those unseen mobile shoppers may be more valuable to brands than those who aren't interacting through mobile. These shoppers, finds the report, are more likely to become product evangelists and are less influenced by price.
That price sensitivity means mobile buyers may purchase a higher-price item even if a lower price tag is attached to a similar product.
"As the mobile channel has evolved and becomes more widely accessible and easier to use, shoppers who are making purchases via their devices are exhibiting behaviors that characterize them as more profitable, more influential and more likely to buy when given an interface that is easy to use," said Kurt Hawks, general manager at Greystripe. "Based on the results of this study, retailers and retail brands that are not already focusing heavily on the mobile channel would be wise to move in that direction."
Other interesting findings include:
• 49% of mobile shoppers regularly write product reviews compared to 31% of trad shoppers
• 37% of mobile shoppers visit a brand's website when seeking product information
• 54% are likely to mobile devices to get product details; 58% of trad shoppers compare prices via mobile
• Mobile shoppers are more likely to buy when the purchase process is simple
According to Greystripe 51% of mobile shoppers 'prefer buying' via app while 49% prefer making purchases through a website. App stores, by the way, make it simple for mobile consumers to find new games, movies or music; just over half (52%) of mobile respondents say they've made an entertainment type purchase through a mobile device.
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...