News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Drumbi: Great customer service motivates US shoppers to buy more
A new infographic, put together by consumer experience service Drumbi, reveals that many consumers would spend more with a company that provided a great customer service experience.
There are many ways to increase sales but one particular part of the customer experience often overlooked is customer service. Even with the introduction of new customer services channels, such as social media, consumers are still having a disappointing experience.
Many Americans (60%) don't think companies have improved their customer service offering over the years.
Over a quarter think companies are paying less attention now than they used to. This is particularly evident via social media channels where, despite the enormous opportunity to engage quickly and directly with consumers and being seen to engage, just 30% of consumer interaction is replied to.
Yet, according to the Drumbi infographic, consumers who interact with companies via social media spend 20% - 40% more than over consumers.
Perhaps the most interesting statistic gleaned from the infographic is that 70% of Americans would spend 13% more with a company from whom they receive great customer service. This further illustrates that consumer purchase decisions aren't based purely on price and that customer service plays a vital role in value perception.
The infographic in full can be viewed online.
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...