News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Drumbi: Great customer service motivates US shoppers to buy more
A new infographic, put together by consumer experience service Drumbi, reveals that many consumers would spend more with a company that provided a great customer service experience.
There are many ways to increase sales but one particular part of the customer experience often overlooked is customer service. Even with the introduction of new customer services channels, such as social media, consumers are still having a disappointing experience.
Many Americans (60%) don't think companies have improved their customer service offering over the years.
Over a quarter think companies are paying less attention now than they used to. This is particularly evident via social media channels where, despite the enormous opportunity to engage quickly and directly with consumers and being seen to engage, just 30% of consumer interaction is replied to.
Yet, according to the Drumbi infographic, consumers who interact with companies via social media spend 20% - 40% more than over consumers.
Perhaps the most interesting statistic gleaned from the infographic is that 70% of Americans would spend 13% more with a company from whom they receive great customer service. This further illustrates that consumer purchase decisions aren't based purely on price and that customer service plays a vital role in value perception.
The infographic in full can be viewed online.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...