News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Global ad spend up 12% online in Q1 finds Nielsen
New data out from Nielsen finds ad spending is up for the first quarter of 2012 - an indicator that consumer confidence is also up and, potentially, that the global recession may be nearing an end. According to Nielsen's data advertisers spent a total of 3.1% more, but several categories saw heavier ad spend increases for in Q1 2012 (Year over Year) with the bulk of the increase seen online outlets.
Here's the Nielsenbreakdown of how advertisers doled out cash for the quarter:
• 12.1% increase in online ad spending
• 7.9% increase in radio ad spending
• 6.4% increase in outdoor ad spending
• 4.1% increase in cinema ad spending
Advertisers also increased ad spending in Newspaper (3.1%) and Television(2.8%); only Magazines saw a decrease (-1.4%) in ad dollars.
As for spending by region, Europe saw ad increases of 12% but the biggest gains were seen in Latin America (31.8% ad spend increase) and the Middle East and Africa (35.2% ad spend increase). Television, especially, saw big gains in the Middle East/Africa spend.
Video is one area pulling more consumers - and more advertisers, too, - online. As more professionally produced content is offered through online hubs and more online original content is released, consumers are developing a seemingly insatiable appetite for online video.
Invodo reports seeing a 50% increase in total video views (Year over Year) across its network of websites.
"Leading retailers and brands want to improve their customer experience while increasing sales. Video makes that happen by more effectively communicating product value and increasing customer satisfaction," said Craig Wax, CEO of Invodo. "The additions of these impressive companies and the increase in video viewership across our client network show that Invodo is strongly positioned to be the leader in video for business for years to come."
Invodo helps brands develop and implement a video strategy across the Web.
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...