News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Global ad spend up 12% online in Q1 finds Nielsen
New data out from Nielsen finds ad spending is up for the first quarter of 2012 - an indicator that consumer confidence is also up and, potentially, that the global recession may be nearing an end. According to Nielsen's data advertisers spent a total of 3.1% more, but several categories saw heavier ad spend increases for in Q1 2012 (Year over Year) with the bulk of the increase seen online outlets.
Here's the Nielsenbreakdown of how advertisers doled out cash for the quarter:
• 12.1% increase in online ad spending
• 7.9% increase in radio ad spending
• 6.4% increase in outdoor ad spending
• 4.1% increase in cinema ad spending
Advertisers also increased ad spending in Newspaper (3.1%) and Television(2.8%); only Magazines saw a decrease (-1.4%) in ad dollars.
As for spending by region, Europe saw ad increases of 12% but the biggest gains were seen in Latin America (31.8% ad spend increase) and the Middle East and Africa (35.2% ad spend increase). Television, especially, saw big gains in the Middle East/Africa spend.
Video is one area pulling more consumers - and more advertisers, too, - online. As more professionally produced content is offered through online hubs and more online original content is released, consumers are developing a seemingly insatiable appetite for online video.
Invodo reports seeing a 50% increase in total video views (Year over Year) across its network of websites.
"Leading retailers and brands want to improve their customer experience while increasing sales. Video makes that happen by more effectively communicating product value and increasing customer satisfaction," said Craig Wax, CEO of Invodo. "The additions of these impressive companies and the increase in video viewership across our client network show that Invodo is strongly positioned to be the leader in video for business for years to come."
Invodo helps brands develop and implement a video strategy across the Web.
- What to expect on the video front in 2014
- How to create a solid A/B testing strategy
- Reports: Brands need strategy for mobile success
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
Featured White Papers
- How-to Guide to Online Customer Community Technologies
This Gleansight benchmark report explores what community experiences offer the greatest value to businesses. It looks at what technologies, processes...
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...