News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
General Sentiment: What people really think about the Affordable Care Act
Judging from social media, most Americans (54.2%) within the social space are supportive of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) - affectionately or non-affectionately, depending on your viewpoint, called ObamaCare. The data is part of a new report from General Sentiment. With upwards of 80% of Americans in the social space it would seem that most Americans are in favor. But are they?
Some interesting findings from General Sentiment include:
• 66% of social media users say they believe the ACA will increase access to health care
• Many also believe it will hurt jobs
• President Obama got a slight jump to the positive after the ruling, nearly three times more positive comments than Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney
• 92% say the ACA will make health care more affordable
• 55% say the ACA will cut or kill jobs
• 44.7% say it will help jobs
"In the wake of the Supreme Court's decision, media analysts are predicting that health
insurance companies will advertise more on television as they focus on consumers," was written in the report. "Since many of these companies will be new to consumer advertising, identifying the most suitable audience quickly will allow them to gain the advantage in a highly competitive market."
As for where health companies should consider advertising, General Sentiment suggests programs like '60 Minutes' and 'The Colbert Report', 'MythBusters' and 'SportsCenter' over index toward health care, making them good matches for health care brands.
General Sentiment monitors the social buzz surrounding a business/brand, celebrity or event into actionable business intelligence, helping marketers understand how consumers are reacting and how to use that to better engage.
- Is your branded content memorable?
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
- Study: Finance, saving important to Millenials
- Survey: More consumers want to be paperless
- Survey IDS when customers will share personal data
- Bing: Voice searches for hotels up 343% YoY
- Top 5 tips to take business paperless
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...