News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
General Sentiment: What people really think about the Affordable Care Act
Judging from social media, most Americans (54.2%) within the social space are supportive of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) - affectionately or non-affectionately, depending on your viewpoint, called ObamaCare. The data is part of a new report from General Sentiment. With upwards of 80% of Americans in the social space it would seem that most Americans are in favor. But are they?
Some interesting findings from General Sentiment include:
• 66% of social media users say they believe the ACA will increase access to health care
• Many also believe it will hurt jobs
• President Obama got a slight jump to the positive after the ruling, nearly three times more positive comments than Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney
• 92% say the ACA will make health care more affordable
• 55% say the ACA will cut or kill jobs
• 44.7% say it will help jobs
"In the wake of the Supreme Court's decision, media analysts are predicting that health
insurance companies will advertise more on television as they focus on consumers," was written in the report. "Since many of these companies will be new to consumer advertising, identifying the most suitable audience quickly will allow them to gain the advantage in a highly competitive market."
As for where health companies should consider advertising, General Sentiment suggests programs like '60 Minutes' and 'The Colbert Report', 'MythBusters' and 'SportsCenter' over index toward health care, making them good matches for health care brands.
General Sentiment monitors the social buzz surrounding a business/brand, celebrity or event into actionable business intelligence, helping marketers understand how consumers are reacting and how to use that to better engage.
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...