News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook mobile ads CTR 13x that of desktop and cheaper
In the first quarterly earnings reports since its public listing two months ago, social network Facebook is expected to post disappointing numbers. However, a new study by AdParlor reveals there could be better news ahead from Facebook's mobile ad offerings.
Ahead of the eagerly awaited quarterly earnings report, AdParlor has released findings from their analysis of over 200 million ad impressions across mobile and non-mobile placements on Facebook.
Results show that mobile advertising on the social network is cheaper and performs better than ads served to desktop.
Specifically, AdParlor found that click-through rates on mobile ads were 13x those on desktop ads and 15x higher on mobile ad campaigns than non-mobile ad campaigns.
"We believe that mobile advertising presents a powerful tool for advertisers and a huge revenue growth opportunity for Facebook," said Hussein Fazal, CEO of AdParlor.
Other findings from the report include:
- Average CTR for mobile ads is 1.32% compared with 0.086% for non-mobile ads.
- Cost-per-click for mobile ads is approximately 30% cheaper than non-mobile ads - $0.42 compared with $0.60).
- For every 1,000 Fans AdParlor drove from mobile to a brand's page, that page received an average of 10.5 comments vs. 8.5 comments from Fans referred from a non-mobile ad.
- Android outperformed iPhone and Blackberry with a CTR of 1.23% compared to 0.76% apiece for the other two - a 62% increase.
According to AdParlor's Special Report, "The State of Facebook Mobile Advertising", "The difference in engagement between mobile and non-mobile users is very interesting. It seems that clicking on links, watching videos, viewing photos and posting are all easier on desktop than mobile - but commenting and liking posts are easier on mobile. This data is extremely important for a brand as they think about their engagement goals and decide where to place advertising."
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
- Shoppers want more in-store tech
- Resolving customer issues quickly leads to greater brand loyalty
- Top 3 benefits for ecommerce success
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...