News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook mobile ads CTR 13x that of desktop and cheaper
In the first quarterly earnings reports since its public listing two months ago, social network Facebook is expected to post disappointing numbers. However, a new study by AdParlor reveals there could be better news ahead from Facebook's mobile ad offerings.
Ahead of the eagerly awaited quarterly earnings report, AdParlor has released findings from their analysis of over 200 million ad impressions across mobile and non-mobile placements on Facebook.
Results show that mobile advertising on the social network is cheaper and performs better than ads served to desktop.
Specifically, AdParlor found that click-through rates on mobile ads were 13x those on desktop ads and 15x higher on mobile ad campaigns than non-mobile ad campaigns.
"We believe that mobile advertising presents a powerful tool for advertisers and a huge revenue growth opportunity for Facebook," said Hussein Fazal, CEO of AdParlor.
Other findings from the report include:
- Average CTR for mobile ads is 1.32% compared with 0.086% for non-mobile ads.
- Cost-per-click for mobile ads is approximately 30% cheaper than non-mobile ads - $0.42 compared with $0.60).
- For every 1,000 Fans AdParlor drove from mobile to a brand's page, that page received an average of 10.5 comments vs. 8.5 comments from Fans referred from a non-mobile ad.
- Android outperformed iPhone and Blackberry with a CTR of 1.23% compared to 0.76% apiece for the other two - a 62% increase.
According to AdParlor's Special Report, "The State of Facebook Mobile Advertising", "The difference in engagement between mobile and non-mobile users is very interesting. It seems that clicking on links, watching videos, viewing photos and posting are all easier on desktop than mobile - but commenting and liking posts are easier on mobile. This data is extremely important for a brand as they think about their engagement goals and decide where to place advertising."
- Poll: Phone fraud tops $8 billion mark in America
- Webtrends: Top 3 tips to improve online bookings
- Driving website traffic revealed as retailers' biggest challenge
- Revenues from tablet games to triple in next five years
- Marketers must react to changing consumer behavior caused by technology
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
Featured White Papers
- Expert Panel: Brand Strategists Answer Top 5 Social Questions
During SXSW Interactive, we gathered a team of five leading brand strategists to answer the five most pressing social questions...
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...