News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Empathica: Few shoppers believe their feedback has an impact
When a consumer provides you with feedback, what do you do with it? More than half of consumers believe their feedback is ignored, according to new research from Empathica Inc.
Many U.S. consumers have, in some form or another, provided feedback to retailers. Some leave comments on social media sites, others may use a more traditional method such as posting a note in an on-site suggestions box.
Of the 6,500 U.S. consumers surveyed by Empathica, 85% had provided some form of feedback. However, their expectations that retailers will take that information and act on it are low. Just 46% thought this might happen. Only half (52%) believe that their feedback will be shared with the relevant persons or location despite the majority (81%) believing that feedback should be shared throughout the organization.
"Feedback remains a one-way street and what consumers are yearning for is two-way dialogue," said Dr. Gary Edwards, chief customer officer, Empathica. "They want to know that their feedback is being acted upon in ways that will drive meaningful changes to the customer experience at the locations they frequent."
Retailers that don't embrace and respond to consumer feedback risk damaging consumer loyalty. Most (83%) consumers agree they would be more loyal to a brand that acted on their feedback.
- What to expect on the video front in 2014
- How to create a solid A/B testing strategy
- Reports: Brands need strategy for mobile success
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
Featured White Papers
- How-to Guide to Online Customer Community Technologies
This Gleansight benchmark report explores what community experiences offer the greatest value to businesses. It looks at what technologies, processes...
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...