News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Empathica: Few shoppers believe their feedback has an impact
When a consumer provides you with feedback, what do you do with it? More than half of consumers believe their feedback is ignored, according to new research from Empathica Inc.
Many U.S. consumers have, in some form or another, provided feedback to retailers. Some leave comments on social media sites, others may use a more traditional method such as posting a note in an on-site suggestions box.
Of the 6,500 U.S. consumers surveyed by Empathica, 85% had provided some form of feedback. However, their expectations that retailers will take that information and act on it are low. Just 46% thought this might happen. Only half (52%) believe that their feedback will be shared with the relevant persons or location despite the majority (81%) believing that feedback should be shared throughout the organization.
"Feedback remains a one-way street and what consumers are yearning for is two-way dialogue," said Dr. Gary Edwards, chief customer officer, Empathica. "They want to know that their feedback is being acted upon in ways that will drive meaningful changes to the customer experience at the locations they frequent."
Retailers that don't embrace and respond to consumer feedback risk damaging consumer loyalty. Most (83%) consumers agree they would be more loyal to a brand that acted on their feedback.
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More money to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...