News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Earliest opening day for Harrods' Christmas World department
With just 150 days until Christmas and summer still evident for many in the northern hemisphere, what does one of the world's largest and most luxurious department stores do? It opens up the doors to its festive store.
Harrods, and several other large department stores in London, have been welcoming sunglass-wearing Santas into their snow and gingerbread stuffed seasonal stores.
The massive 8,000 square foot department features a snow-globe village, a pop-up gingerbread shop front and a full-size alpine ski chalet.
The Christmas World department's opening has, of course, been brought forward to coincide with the massive influx of visitors to the Olympic Games. David Miller, a director at the Knightsbridge store, said "Some of our international customers may only visit the UK once this year. The summer opening is to cater for this seasonal demand."
July also saw the launch of supermarket Waitrose's festive food offerings. With just 150 days to go until Christmas, these are just some of the first seasonal sightings, but with big shopping days just around the corner expect to see more such messaging over coming weeks.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...