News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Earliest opening day for Harrods' Christmas World department
With just 150 days until Christmas and summer still evident for many in the northern hemisphere, what does one of the world's largest and most luxurious department stores do? It opens up the doors to its festive store.
Harrods, and several other large department stores in London, have been welcoming sunglass-wearing Santas into their snow and gingerbread stuffed seasonal stores.
The massive 8,000 square foot department features a snow-globe village, a pop-up gingerbread shop front and a full-size alpine ski chalet.
The Christmas World department's opening has, of course, been brought forward to coincide with the massive influx of visitors to the Olympic Games. David Miller, a director at the Knightsbridge store, said "Some of our international customers may only visit the UK once this year. The summer opening is to cater for this seasonal demand."
July also saw the launch of supermarket Waitrose's festive food offerings. With just 150 days to go until Christmas, these are just some of the first seasonal sightings, but with big shopping days just around the corner expect to see more such messaging over coming weeks.
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...