News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Covario: Q2 search spend up 17%
New data from Covario shows a 17% increase in search spending (Year over Year); the search spend was up 5% over Q1 2012 numbers. Although the increases are strong, one analyst says overall search is down compared to quarters 3 and 4 (2011) and Q1 of 2012.
Charles Gaylord, research analyst with Covario, notes spending was showed higher increases in the preceeding three quarters. European search spending showed the smallest increases (2% YoY, 1% Quarter to Quarter). Meanwhile the Asia-Pacific markets are showing strong growth - 41% YoY and 23% QoQ).
Moving forward Gaylord predicts the search marketing spend will show a 9-12% growth rate in EMEA, down from the 15-18% predictions from last fall. The markets pushing search spending in APAC, says Gaylord, are China, Japan, India, Australia and New Zealand.
Meanwhile new data from Hitwise notes that Google continues to lead the search wars with a 65% of search queries. Microsoft's Bing engine accounted for 28% of search queries for May 2012 and showed a 5% increase Year over Year.
"As automated search features have rolled out across the major search engines, we can expect to see one-word searches continue to increase as they have over the past year," said Simon Bradstock, general manager of Experian Hitwise. "The long tail is not going away, rather just becoming more intensified within the shorter queries, and in turn marketers need to focus more on how consumers start their searches."
Most May searches, finds Hitwise, were one-word queries.
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...