News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Covario: Q2 search spend up 17%
New data from Covario shows a 17% increase in search spending (Year over Year); the search spend was up 5% over Q1 2012 numbers. Although the increases are strong, one analyst says overall search is down compared to quarters 3 and 4 (2011) and Q1 of 2012.
Charles Gaylord, research analyst with Covario, notes spending was showed higher increases in the preceeding three quarters. European search spending showed the smallest increases (2% YoY, 1% Quarter to Quarter). Meanwhile the Asia-Pacific markets are showing strong growth - 41% YoY and 23% QoQ).
Moving forward Gaylord predicts the search marketing spend will show a 9-12% growth rate in EMEA, down from the 15-18% predictions from last fall. The markets pushing search spending in APAC, says Gaylord, are China, Japan, India, Australia and New Zealand.
Meanwhile new data from Hitwise notes that Google continues to lead the search wars with a 65% of search queries. Microsoft's Bing engine accounted for 28% of search queries for May 2012 and showed a 5% increase Year over Year.
"As automated search features have rolled out across the major search engines, we can expect to see one-word searches continue to increase as they have over the past year," said Simon Bradstock, general manager of Experian Hitwise. "The long tail is not going away, rather just becoming more intensified within the shorter queries, and in turn marketers need to focus more on how consumers start their searches."
Most May searches, finds Hitwise, were one-word queries.
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...