News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Coupon-hunters search for store-specific deals rather than product- or brand-specific
Bargain-hunting consumers care more about where they shop than the brands or products they buy, according to a new report from coupon search engine ShopAtHome.com.
When ShopAtHome.com analyzed search habits on their search engine they discovered that almost two-thirds of all searches were for store-specific deals rather than brand- or product-specific deals.
Sixty-two percent of all searches were for store-specific deals with 24% for products and just 14% for brands.
Wal-Mart was the most searched-for store amongst those looking for store-specific deals, followed by Kohl's and Target. Sony was the most searched-for brand name, and 'toilet paper' and 'laundry detergent' and other consumables topped product-specific searches.
"Consumers are really creatures of habit when it comes to looking for coupons - they go where they know they can consistently find the best deals," said Marc Braunstein, co-founder and CEO of ShopAtHome.com.
ShopAtHome.com's "Buy-havior Report" also found that their search engine was most used by residents of New York City, followed by Houston, Chicago, Los Angeles and Denver. The majority (73%) used the coupon search engine between the hours of 7am and 6pm with just 18% using it later on in the day.
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...