News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Coupon-hunters search for store-specific deals rather than product- or brand-specific
Bargain-hunting consumers care more about where they shop than the brands or products they buy, according to a new report from coupon search engine ShopAtHome.com.
When ShopAtHome.com analyzed search habits on their search engine they discovered that almost two-thirds of all searches were for store-specific deals rather than brand- or product-specific deals.
Sixty-two percent of all searches were for store-specific deals with 24% for products and just 14% for brands.
Wal-Mart was the most searched-for store amongst those looking for store-specific deals, followed by Kohl's and Target. Sony was the most searched-for brand name, and 'toilet paper' and 'laundry detergent' and other consumables topped product-specific searches.
"Consumers are really creatures of habit when it comes to looking for coupons - they go where they know they can consistently find the best deals," said Marc Braunstein, co-founder and CEO of ShopAtHome.com.
ShopAtHome.com's "Buy-havior Report" also found that their search engine was most used by residents of New York City, followed by Houston, Chicago, Los Angeles and Denver. The majority (73%) used the coupon search engine between the hours of 7am and 6pm with just 18% using it later on in the day.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...