News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore report confirms female penchant for online shopping
comScore has released data highlighting the behavior of European women online and which websites they are frequenting. Unsurprisingly, retail features highly.
According to comScore, 395.7 million Europeans across 49 countries used the Internet in May, 2012. The average amount of time spent online per person was 27.6 hours.
Just under half (48.4%) of Europeans that went online were women age 15 and older (191.5 million).
comScore wanted to know which websites European women were visiting. It should come as no shock to discover that comScore's figures highlighted "the gender's penchant for online shopping" when compared to male behavior online.
Five of the top 10 websites visited by more women than men were retail subcategory sites. The perfume and cosmetics subcategory is dominated by women (70.9%) in terms of total time spent. The next most-popular category, surprise surprise, is apparel with women accounting for 66.8% of total time spent in this category.
The remaining retail sites where women dominate are department stores (64.9%), food retail (61.2%), and mall retail sites (61%).
"Among the top 100 web properties in Europe, Tumblr had the highest concentration of usage among women, who accounted for 69 percent of all time spent on the site," said comScore in a recent press release. "German retail site Otto Gruppe (68.8%) ranked second on this dimension, while leading daily deal site Groupon (61.7%) rounded out the top 3."
- What to expect on the video front in 2014
- How to create a solid A/B testing strategy
- Reports: Brands need strategy for mobile success
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
Featured White Papers
- How-to Guide to Online Customer Community Technologies
This Gleansight benchmark report explores what community experiences offer the greatest value to businesses. It looks at what technologies, processes...
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...