News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore report confirms female penchant for online shopping
comScore has released data highlighting the behavior of European women online and which websites they are frequenting. Unsurprisingly, retail features highly.
According to comScore, 395.7 million Europeans across 49 countries used the Internet in May, 2012. The average amount of time spent online per person was 27.6 hours.
Just under half (48.4%) of Europeans that went online were women age 15 and older (191.5 million).
comScore wanted to know which websites European women were visiting. It should come as no shock to discover that comScore's figures highlighted "the gender's penchant for online shopping" when compared to male behavior online.
Five of the top 10 websites visited by more women than men were retail subcategory sites. The perfume and cosmetics subcategory is dominated by women (70.9%) in terms of total time spent. The next most-popular category, surprise surprise, is apparel with women accounting for 66.8% of total time spent in this category.
The remaining retail sites where women dominate are department stores (64.9%), food retail (61.2%), and mall retail sites (61%).
"Among the top 100 web properties in Europe, Tumblr had the highest concentration of usage among women, who accounted for 69 percent of all time spent on the site," said comScore in a recent press release. "German retail site Otto Gruppe (68.8%) ranked second on this dimension, while leading daily deal site Groupon (61.7%) rounded out the top 3."
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...