News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Clear mobile privacy policies key to fostering consumer trust
Research into mobile privacy perceptions has found that, while consumers are more aware today than ever before of behavioral targeting, they don't yet trust or like it. Transparency, education and providing clear and easy-to-read mobile privacy policies will help build trust, says TRUSTe.
They found that while there is far more awareness today of behavioral targeting and marketing, the vast majority (70%) did not like it nor did they want to be part of it. That is, however, unless mobile users are given more information as to why their personal data was being shared with advertisers.
Once educated as to why their data is being used, TRUSTe found that around 20 - 30% of mobile users became more comfortable with the process. They key is to be upfront and nurture trust, particularly when it comes to uses of location targeting, another major worry among mobile users.
A new study from think tank Future of Privacy Forum reveals that significantly more mobile app developers are now providing privacy policies for their apps and for how users' data will be used.
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...