News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Clear mobile privacy policies key to fostering consumer trust
Research into mobile privacy perceptions has found that, while consumers are more aware today than ever before of behavioral targeting, they don't yet trust or like it. Transparency, education and providing clear and easy-to-read mobile privacy policies will help build trust, says TRUSTe.
They found that while there is far more awareness today of behavioral targeting and marketing, the vast majority (70%) did not like it nor did they want to be part of it. That is, however, unless mobile users are given more information as to why their personal data was being shared with advertisers.
Once educated as to why their data is being used, TRUSTe found that around 20 - 30% of mobile users became more comfortable with the process. They key is to be upfront and nurture trust, particularly when it comes to uses of location targeting, another major worry among mobile users.
A new study from think tank Future of Privacy Forum reveals that significantly more mobile app developers are now providing privacy policies for their apps and for how users' data will be used.
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...